• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay goofball seller of the week!
1 1

34 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2023 at 4:46 PM, the blob said:

Did anyone ever subscribe to marvel comics in the early 80s? I did for a few titles and it was amazing that they managed to get to me in good shape. 

Same here (early 80’s).  I think I remember maybe a few that got mangled but the majority were in great condition surviving with only a brown paper sleeve covering them. 

On 9/30/2023 at 9:00 PM, Point Five said:

And the reply -- hm    

Jon I am sorry, I had my wife and. Asked her to place inside a rigid package ... the book made it ok tho?

Maybe his wife was taking a shot at his "rigid" package by using a floppy package?

Edited by lostboys

On 9/30/2023 at 7:54 PM, Point Five said:

Fair enough! In that spirit of education, I sent a polite message asking what happened. I'll post a reply here if any comes back. 

Hi friend, I received the comic... looks great, thanks! Just a heads-up, I was surprised you didn't ship in a sturdy padded box as we had discussed; any particular reason? I think you're taking a risk shipping *any* comic in a bubble envelope, as condition is super important to comic collectors... we're both very lucky the comic wasn't dented up by USPS, as their packages often take a pounding in transit. No hard feelings, just wanted to offer my two cents for your future transactions.

Best wishes,
Jon

I don't think I have it in me to write such a considerate note, which I guess explains why you're a gentleman, Jon and I'm a D i c k. Pontoon, that is.

On 10/4/2023 at 9:32 PM, Pontoon said:

I don't think I have it in me to write such a considerate note, which I guess explains why you're a gentleman, Jon and I'm a D i c k. Pontoon, that is.

We native New Yorkers are very kind and considerate. 

On 10/3/2023 at 2:46 PM, the blob said:

Did anyone ever subscribe to marvel comics in the early 80s? I did for a few titles and it was amazing that they managed to get to me in good shape. 

I had subs to GI Joe, Moon Knight and Daredevil. I remember they always showed up in good shape, but my 11 year old grading abilities probably had FN in the NM category.

On 10/1/2023 at 2:00 AM, Point Five said:

And the reply -- hm    

Jon I am sorry, I had my wife and. Asked her to place inside a rigid package ... the book made it ok tho?

So if I'm reading this correctly...'he had his wife' and then suffered some sort of blissful coital fog?

Good eBay sellers apply the ROCKY paradigm...and never have sex before a big mail drop.