• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay goofball seller of the week!
1 1

34 posts in this topic

:idea:

Maybe in his head he transposed "well-padded box rather than an envelope" into "padded rigid envelope" and thought he was doing what was expected!

I suppose just for the sake of argument those padded, plastic jiffy mailers are *slightly* more rigid than a plan manila envelope. Maybe.

On 9/30/2023 at 10:25 AM, AJD said:

That's awesome. I assume this was an attempt at using 'The Secret' that Oprah was pushing - if you write it, the universe will provide. lol

To be fair, I can’t argue with the results!

On 9/29/2023 at 10:40 AM, Point Five said:

Because if you're gonna do Friday, let's *do* Friday. Was riffing on this in the Gold Forum, figured it would entertain you guys here as well.

--

I BIN a sharp golden age book for $150 on ebay. Seller has (0) feedback and it seems like they haven't dealt with comics much, so as a precaution I message them as soon as I've paid: 
Hi friend, I just purchased this comic from you; thanks! It looks like a nice one -- **can you please ship it in a sturdy, well-padded box rather than an envelope?** Just want to make sure it arrives without additional dents or creases.

They respond right away:
Sure, will do!

I receive the book a few days later, and see with horror that it's been shipped in this rumpled white bubble envelope. There's no protection inside other than two white backing boards, which form a "sandwich" so flimsy it could be creased with the gentlest of pressure. By some absolute miracle there are no heavy creases -- the book inside survives and is fine.

IMG_9929.thumb.JPG.f550bc26aea651dd7bb8dfee484116a4.JPG

I'm about to recycle the bubble envelope. I peel off the mailing label and find *this* written on the mailer... see photo below. Is this one of those "power of positive thinking" kinds of things? Sheesh!

You really can't make this stuff up.  :facepalm:

IMG_9931.thumb.JPG.e12324a1d04f202f6b1f367dadbbc1ad.JPG

Bro that is some voodoo stuff lol...like writing a name on paper and throwing it into the fire or writing "bullet proof vest" inside your blazer :roflmao:

On 9/29/2023 at 9:40 AM, Point Five said:

Because if you're gonna do Friday, let's *do* Friday. Was riffing on this in the Gold Forum, figured it would entertain you guys here as well.

--

I BIN a sharp golden age book for $150 on ebay. Seller has (0) feedback and it seems like they haven't dealt with comics much, so as a precaution I message them as soon as I've paid: 
Hi friend, I just purchased this comic from you; thanks! It looks like a nice one -- **can you please ship it in a sturdy, well-padded box rather than an envelope?** Just want to make sure it arrives without additional dents or creases.

They respond right away:
Sure, will do!

I receive the book a few days later, and see with horror that it's been shipped in this rumpled white bubble envelope. There's no protection inside other than two white backing boards, which form a "sandwich" so flimsy it could be creased with the gentlest of pressure. By some absolute miracle there are no heavy creases -- the book inside survives and is fine.

IMG_9929.thumb.JPG.f550bc26aea651dd7bb8dfee484116a4.JPG

I'm about to recycle the bubble envelope. I peel off the mailing label and find *this* written on the mailer... see photo below. Is this one of those "power of positive thinking" kinds of things? Sheesh!

You really can't make this stuff up.  :facepalm:

IMG_9931.thumb.JPG.e12324a1d04f202f6b1f367dadbbc1ad.JPG

Sorry Jon, postal regulation 56.3 states a rigid envelope is defined as any envelope with Rigid Envelope written on the outside..

On 9/30/2023 at 2:44 PM, LadyDeath said:

The big question is, what kind of feedback did you leave?! hm

If everything else was sound, I'd probably roll with the classic 'positive--but with constructive criticism!' feedback. Then again, I try my best to give benefit of the doubt to sellers whenever possible, especially considering how shafted they can by eBay on a regular basis

Edited by Nsschenks

On 9/30/2023 at 3:33 PM, Nsschenks said:

If everything else was sound, I'd probably roll with the classic 'positive--but with constructive criticism!' feedback. Then again, I try my best to give benefit of the doubt to sellers whenever possible, especially considering how shafted they can by eBay on a regular basis

Agree with all this. In 1200ish transactions I doubt I’ve negged more than once or twice. Even when there’s an issue, I recognize that people are human, and try hard to land us in a reasonably positive place.