• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone confirm that grades are reviewed when reholdering to the new $5 cashgrab labels?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I've heard mixed reviews on if cards get looked at to get potential regrades.  I have heard of people getting cards bumped up higher than expected.

I'd be looking at sending in a handful of dark blue labels in the 7.5-9 range that likely would have even graded higher when they switched to the blue/fade into white ones.  

Or.. should i crack them and resubmit.  It just sucks to have to spend more than the $5 in the first place when I already spent thousands... just to get a different label because they changed things yet again.

Edited by bgreske

I've not heard this at all.

When you send in for a reholder ($5).  Unless the slab/card looks damaged from what the apparent grade is they will simply reholder.

If you would like them to regrade as you believe they are undergraded you'd have to send them in for regrading under their appropriate tier.

*not a mod/employee, just how it's always worked with comics*

On 10/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, bgreske said:

I've heard mixed reviews on if cards get looked at to get potential regrades.  I have heard of people getting cards bumped up higher than expected.

I'd be looking at sending in a handful of dark blue labels in the 7.5-9 range that likely would have even graded higher when they switched to the blue/fade into white ones.  

Or.. should i crack them and resubmit.  It just sucks to have to spend more than the $5 in the first place when I already spent thousands... just to get a different label because they changed things yet again.

You are talking about two different services.

$5/card reholder does nothing but putting your card in a new holder with the new style label.

The grade, cert number, everything stays the same.

You CAN submit an already graded card to be regraded. CGC removes the card from it's holder, grades it again, you would then get a new style label (because that is now what is used) and you have no guarantee of getting ghe same grade. You get a new cert number and grade. Your old card and cert number get removed from the system and pop report. This costs the regular grading fee, same as sending in a raw card.

You also don't have to send in anything. You don't need the new labels. The database and pop reports already converted all Gem Mint 9.5s to Gem Mint 10s. Additionally reholder pricing ia going back up to $10/card after October I think.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:46 PM, Loldrui said:

basically CGC removed 0.5 grades. so if ur sending in a 9.5, it wil bump to a 10. but its not regraded, the 9.5 grade just no longer exists.

That isn't quite right.  They changed their grading scale.  They have a 9.5 now, however if it was graded as a 9.5 under the previous grading scale it will be upgraded to a 10.  New cards can be graded at 9.5

https://www.cgccards.com/card-grading/grading-scale/

On 10/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, bgreske said:

I have good news for you. You don't actually have to do anything.