• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does this restored book have a universal label?
5 5

24 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2023 at 11:12 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

Book was just graded a few weeks ago. Seller did include the Resto notes in the sale. Probably didn't want to deal with sending it back again.

they probably missed the 14 day window :baiting:lol 

On 10/9/2023 at 9:25 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Got a pm from CGC Mike. They are offering to remove the resto and give me a blue label for free. So I took them up on it. It might come back a 5.5, but at least it will be unquestionably what it is.

I can only imagine how long that will take. 

On 10/9/2023 at 7:49 PM, wombat said:

I can only imagine how long that will take. 

It's fine. It's for my personal collection so it's not time-sensitive. I always like the Prowler since he was the first character John Romita, Jr helped create when he was 13, then was resurrected by Todd McFarlane when I was a kid.

prowler-mcfarlane-featured-1.thumb.jpg.970f7a87eafc92a31dbcfcdabcf56833.jpg

Hmmm...invert the colors...change hue/saturation...move the colors around...change up the chest design a tad...add a dash of Batman and Ghost Rider...

spawn-1-review-cover-1185759.jpg.1365e40044013afcc222672cfa5d7671.jpg

Edited by trademarkcomics

On 10/6/2023 at 8:57 AM, namisgr said:

Perhaps, but that explanation doesn't jibe with the front cover right edge landing a considerable distance short of the interior pages (that is, instead, a common occurrence for books with front to back cover miswraps, such as the jokingly called 2 cent Marvels), or the pristine straightness of the right front cover edge despite the considerable wear distributed over the rest of the front cover.

The cover was cleaned, which typically results in some shrinking.  There is nothing else on this book that makes it seem trimmed.