• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Bargain From The Local Buy, Swap, Sell On FB

11 posts in this topic

My sister sent me this. It was posted to her town's Buy, Swap Or Sell. That price is in Aussie dollarydoos. Yeah, nothing sus about this!

I thought I'd share it here, so you can all fight over adding this fine, fairly priced book to your collection today! $5000? Pfft, I'll take 3! Such an in demand book too. 

Screenshot_20231010_181338_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8e847f58c30da40fe8b749a626f65206.jpg

Edited by Cat

On 10/10/2023 at 4:20 AM, Cat said:

My sister sent me this. It was posted to her town's Buy, Swap Or Sell. That price is in Aussie dollarydoos. Yeah, nothing sus about this!

I thought I'd share it here, so you can all fight over adding this fine, fairly priced book to your collection today! $5000? Pfft, I'll take 3! Such an in demand book too. 

Screenshot_20231010_181338_Gallery.thumb.jpg.8e847f58c30da40fe8b749a626f65206.jpg

If my current exchange rate math is correct, $5,000 AUD is currently equivalent to $7.36 real US dollars. Not a bad deal. 

:nyah:

Now this guy wants a value from me. Does anyone have any idea? Obviously it ain't in the book, and it's probably double if the Tupperware is included..... But seriously, anyone want to throw around some numbers? 

Edit: his story is he got it off a mate for a job he'd done for him. He 'recognised it as something valuable' so saved it. The $5000 value was just because it made you put in a value, so he figured "go high!" (his life motto, I think) and see what offers he got. I've informed him it's all in the sig, the comic is worthless by itself. So he's aware of that. 

I just don't know the number. 

Anyone? I mean, his last signing here was $125 iirc, and all he'd sign was a DVD case of a DVD he just released. This was circa 2015. You'd have to have been a real insufficiently_thoughtful_person to have paid for that deal wouldnt you... Ahh hha haa, ahhhhhaaaaaaaaa :cry:. So what is a sig OK an actual book worth, even if it's a trash book? And it a it real? 

Edited by Cat

I would assume most people value stan sig at like 300-500$ range on average I mean he was doing 100$ a sig before he became ill and millions of free signatures way back in the day lol

Edited by Krismusic

Unfortunately, even though I believe that signature is authentic, the aftermarket value for non-CGC verified signature books is low. 

Essentially, the price value remains the same as any raw book in that condition. The only perk to the buyer is they get a (true) signature of Stan Lee on their copy. But it doesn’t add anything in terms of value. 

Same grade book, CGC’d with Stan’s sig? I’d add another $500 minimum, as stated above. I’d add more, depending on the demand of the book.