• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Allentown Bulletman #1 in Pedigree slab.
1 1

26 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2023 at 9:58 PM, action1kid said:

Even though I own em. I knock over doing it.

Let's forget the emotion or indeed the self interest, let's look at it purely mathematically.

Let's also forget the ROTW and concentrate purely on the USA.

In 2021 331.9 million people lived in the States. Forget that and concentrate on the 1950s....

According to the 1950 US census there were 151,325,798 people living in the States.

Let's suppose that only 100,000 of these people went on to amass half decent comic collections, only 100,000 people out of that massive figure...it's way, way more but let's stick to that.

So there are what, 61 pedigree collections out of that alleged sample of only 100,000 collectors?

That's 0.0006%

Hardly overdoing it.

The actual real life decent collections since 1950 of all collectors must be absolutely massive so the actual pedigree percentage of collections is actually miniscule.

I say again.....hardly overdoing it.

2c

On 10/14/2023 at 5:21 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Let's forget the emotion or indeed the self interest, let's look at it purely mathematically.

Let's also forget the ROTW and concentrate purely on the USA.

In 2021 331.9 million people lived in the States. Forget that and concentrate on the 1950s....

According to the 1950 US census there were 151,325,798 people living in the States.

Let's suppose that only 100,000 of these people went on to amass half decent comic collections, only 100,000 people out of that massive figure...it's way, way more but let's stick to that.

So there are what, 61 pedigree collections out of that alleged sample of only 100,000 collectors?

That's 0.0006%

Hardly overdoing it.

The actual real life decent collections since 1950 of all collectors must be absolutely massive so the actual pedigree percentage of collections is actually miniscule.

I say again.....hardly overdoing it.

2c

The pedigree term is over used. Just look at eBay

On 10/14/2023 at 10:39 PM, action1kid said:

The pedigree term is over used. Just look at eBay

That's a completely different argument, just like the term 'classic cover' or ' this book is mint' when in fact it's a rag.

What I'm talking about and what I thought you were talking about is your assertion that Cgc were diluting pedigree status by granting too many pedigrees.

You even started a thread about it!

You now appear to be talking about something else entirely. :facepalm:

On 10/14/2023 at 5:01 PM, action1kid said:

I do think there is a financial incentive for dilution.

What is the financial incentive for dilution?