• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectible marijuana books
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have accumulated a large collection of marijuana related books over the years. A few of them are definitely slab worthy. Will CGC grade them if they will fit the size parameters for comics or magazines? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 🙏

Thanks for the response, one example is my 1st proof edition of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, signed and numbered, #177 of 200. Dimensions- 10-1/2” tall, 8-7/16” wide, 3/8” thick. The dimensions of the different books vary widely, from pamphlets to stuff like this.IMG_0681.thumb.jpeg.bbf9f90adfcb3a04fb9a9083f2320c59.jpegIMG_0682.thumb.jpeg.709a97f724013db41257bead5a9350fa.jpeg

Edited by BuckarooBonsai

• Administrator

Hello @BuckarooBonsai, thank you for the photos and details! Unfortunately, these books would be both too wide and too thick for our current holders. Additionally, we are only able to grade comics and magazines books at this time. We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thank you for checking!

@Yorick, I do have some comics in my collection,  Dr. Atomic is one I really like and have quite a few of, I’ve read a little about the comic you are referencing, I wish CGC would come around to grading some of my books… some of them a really really rare. That copy of The Emperor Wears No Clothes took me a solid 10 years of hunting to finally get one, some books I watch for have never come up for sale in 20 years of searching, thanks for the kind words. 🙏

On 10/26/2023 at 1:50 PM, BuckarooBonsai said:

@Yorick, I do have some comics in my collection,  Dr. Atomic is one I really like and have quite a few of, I’ve read a little about the comic you are referencing, I wish CGC would come around to grading some of my books… some of them a really really rare. That copy of The Emperor Wears No Clothes took me a solid 10 years of hunting to finally get one, some books I watch for have never come up for sale in 20 years of searching, thanks for the kind words. 🙏

I believe there is a Thread around here regarding MJ, but I don't know if it's about current attitudes towards the plant or published materials.  If there is no Thread regarding the latter, I'd suggest making a new Thread so that you might share some of these great books/magazines/comics with others who might collect the same stuff.  I might even dig out one of my High Times to share an awesome Frank Frazetta cover!!

On 10/26/2023 at 6:24 PM, BuckarooBonsai said:

@Yorick, I have a feeling this is the thread you speak of? Or do you mean posting it in another category? I sure wish I would have grabbed up some early High Times while they were somewhat affordable.

Perhaps a bit more serious than I envisioned (I'm only on page one so far). 

Maybe there's another to showcase published material (undergrounds etc)?  I'll have to try some more searches....