• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

...And i finally got the Graal
1 1

20 posts in this topic

You tried. And you tried. And you tried. And you tried

And you got one!

hm

Is it the absence of the 2nd print that prevents you from getting satisfaction, BA? 

Always nice to read a happy "I just got the comic I wanted" post, first thing on a Monday morning :)

On 10/16/2023 at 8:41 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

And you got one!

hm

Is it the absence of the 2nd print that prevents you from getting satisfaction, BA? 

Always nice to read a happy "I just got the comic I wanted" post, first thing on a Monday morning :)

No i dont want to have a second, im not try to get many versions of any book, usually it make no sense for me. But the point is that i collect only specific edition of book which is: Direct Sales 1st print. That can look weird but im really crazy about that and the newstaand are my greatest nightmare :screwy:

So this little imperfection about batman 423 was the last in my collection, and now is cleaned.

Yeah like you said is always good to read things like that. 

MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

Edited by BA773

On 10/16/2023 at 2:26 PM, D2 said:

Congratulations on achieving your grail book. 

May I ask what is it with this book that makes it a grail for you?

Honnestly its just that i wanted to get this one for a long time now but the term of "Graal" which i used isnt really appropriate, that would be exaggerated. 

In fact i will never have some real "Graal" book because im a Run collector, i have a great project of collecting about entire series of my favourite heroes post crisis(1987 to 2011 only). so you can easily deduce that because im only collecting after 1987 so i will never have this great goals on one book

Edited by BA773

On 10/16/2023 at 3:34 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Always good to see a happy, fulfilled collector.

Impressed you spelled Grail the old school way.

Thats the way that be spelled into Chretien De Troyes Novels, thats the reason. I m a great readers of ancient novels, this is my primary type of reading, comic books is a really recent things from me, only 1 years that i started into it.

On 10/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, BA773 said:

Honnestly its just that i wanted to get this one for a long time now but the term of "Graal" which i used isnt really appropriate, that would be exaggerated. 

In fact i will never have some real "Graal" book because im a Run collector, i have a great project of collecting about entire series of my favourite heroes post crisis(1987 to 2011 only). so you can easily deduce that because im only collecting after 1987 so i will never have this great goals on one book

Do you typically collect CGC books then if you are a run collector?

I was just curious because you considered 423 a must have, and I was wondering why that was the case. I hear a lot of people talking about that book. 

I think a grail book is anything that means top value to you. I think personal grails make a collection, whatever they are. 

On 10/15/2023 at 11:41 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

And you got one!

hm

You read this, skipped down the hall, tapped your feet while jumping and said, "What a fine day". 

On 10/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, D2 said:

Do you typically collect CGC books then if you are a run collector?

I was just curious because you considered 423 a must have, and I was wondering why that was the case. I hear a lot of people talking about that book. 

I think a grail book is anything that means top value to you. I think personal grails make a collection, whatever they are. 

What an ugly sight! Get my books stuck into a slab and cannot read them anymore. No its not for me i think.

On 10/17/2023 at 2:10 AM, BA773 said:

What an ugly sight! Get my books stuck into a slab and cannot read them anymore. No its not for me i think.

Lol

Well I do agree with you in some context for sure.

And while I also enjoy reading my books, I tend to believe that, collecting anything without care or concern about condition is just hoarding

On 10/17/2023 at 4:01 PM, D2 said:

Lol

Well I do agree with you in some context for sure.

And while I also enjoy reading my books, I tend to believe that, collecting anything without care or concern about condition is just hoarding

Far from it! Maybe that im not interested by slabs but however im truly concerned by the grade of my books and im even maniacal when i manipulate them.xD

On 10/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, BA773 said:

Far from it! Maybe that im not interested by slabs but however im truly concerned by the grade of my books and im even maniacal when i manipulate them.xD

So… I am like you. meh

When I first started collecting (recollecting, I don’t consider my first experience as a kid, true collecting) I hated slabs.

I don’t know why I hated slabs. Honestly it was partially due to the cost of them I’m sure. I also didn’t see the need for them.

But, 9 years later, and I must confess, I am a slab collector, for 3 reasons:

1. Resale. I learned a hard lesson on comic selling. It is much easier to amass a collection than to sell it, at least for the value you have invested in it. 

2. Protection. I slabbed books that don’t really have a need to be slabbed from an “investment” perspective because collection books that got signed, by me, now have the dreaded “green label of death”, but, whatever. They are my books I got signed, and I, like you, do care about condition, and worried about protecting them. A slab is just an easy way to go. 

3. Hypocritical. What I hate about slabs, is something I grew to also appreciate. 
I hate this obsession and idiotic belief of the 9.8. We all know it’s subjective. Hell, CGC themselves have hiked up the expectations on 9.8 grading now whether they admit to it or not. 
But, hypocritically speaking, I’m also secretly bound by it. I love a 9.8 (a true 9.8), sitting in my collection. I marvel at it. I consider it among the best of my children. It’s disgusting, I know. All of my children are equal, and they are. But… deep down, how I covet my 9.8s, and I hate that. And love it 

On 10/17/2023 at 10:32 PM, Happyfarm said:

You need the Danish. ;)

327601707_1542459429563548_1162594865866352547_n.jpg

Yeah and i will buy the Finnish that is actualy avalaible on Ebay, and also the portuguese from the brazilian guy who's recently  registered on the forum and never stop speaking about the value of these books lol

Edited by BA773

On 10/17/2023 at 10:46 PM, BA773 said:

Yeah and i will buy the Finnish that is actualy avalaible on Ebay, and also the portuguese from the brazilian guy who's recently  registered on the forum and never stop speaking about the value of these books lol

Facsimile and chromium copies are next