• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage Case for an Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 1.8
3 3

21 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I've been extremely lucky enough to get my hands on one of the most desired grails in comic history. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on storing this book as it is the most expensive item I've had and probably will ever have. It's already Graded at 1.8 but I'd like to have that extra protection/security.

I've had a look to see if I can find a case similar to the ones on Case Club but I won't be moving it that often so carrying it around isn't necessary. I was thinking about maybe a little lockbox or something that I can keep somewhere safe without it taking up to much room.

Thank you for reading and I'll keep this post updated and upload images when I can.(thumbsu

UPDATE: I'm still on the look out for a more secure and protected case but for now, I thought I'd give an update on the comic.

I decided to go for a display cabinet to show off the one and only with a few other comics In my collection. (A Spidey Shrine you could call it)

If anyone has any suggestions for lighting (Wireless) so I can show these off at night, I would really appreciate it. I only need one light but from what i've seen on Amazon and other sites you get 3 minimum which I don't really need.

image.thumb.jpeg.9db9af3359b35d5ace5272b77c9e39bf.jpeg

Edited by Bick0

On 10/23/2023 at 4:51 AM, Bick0 said:

Hi Everyone,

I've been extremely lucky enough to get my hands on one of the most desired grails in comic history. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on storing this book as it is the most expensive item I've had and probably will ever have. It's already Graded at 1.8 but I'd like to have that extra protection/security.

I've had a look to see if I can find a case similar to the ones on Case Club but I won't be moving it that often so carrying it around isn't necessary. I was thinking about maybe a little lockbox or something that I can keep somewhere safe without it taking up to much room.

Thank you for reading and I'll keep this post updated and upload images when I can.(thumbsu

congrats! keep it safe , away from light and humidity. that's all you need to do.   some people recommend  a safety deposit box if you have any interest. 

On 10/23/2023 at 3:47 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Do you mean something like this?

Congratulations on the AF15. I have one and it is the highlight of my collection. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186089780139?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3YaZEV_5SUW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=8P1Ui0NFR1-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Yeah something like that, I'd ideally like it to have so it just holds the one slab but I can always add more foam to it. Thank you!

On 10/23/2023 at 3:07 PM, WolverineX said:

congrats! keep it safe , away from light and humidity. that's all you need to do.   some people recommend  a safety deposit box if you have any interest. 

Thank you!, I thought about putting it into a safety deposit box but I'd like to have it at my house where I can look at it from time to time.

On 10/23/2023 at 6:03 PM, valiantman said:

"Hey, Rocko, I heard this guy's house which we is breakin' into has himself a valuable Spidey-man comic book."

"Oh yeah, Skeet? Where do you thinks he keeps it?

Spider-Man  Comic Book Graded Storage Box Case For CGC Slabs - Picture 1 of 4

Yeah couldn't be anymore obvious xD

On 10/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, Bick0 said:

I was thinking about maybe a little lockbox or something that I can keep somewhere safe without it taking up to much room.

Thieves hate small lockboxes that can be easily carried.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:27 PM, Bick0 said:

Only problem with BCW plastic graded boxes is they're a little bit too big for just one comic.

Yeah buy some modern drek slabs and mix them about makes it hard for thief’s lol. They will pull a modern drek and assume the rest is junk haha.

If u want a nice case to store the one slab not sure about archival or longevity of the case but I’m sure it’s pretty good materials aren’t cheap and case isn’t cheap torpedo comics has carrying cases it’s felt lined inside I have a few but don’t have my expensive books in them as like I said not sure of archival material etc… 

maybe another boardie can speak to the quality or if it’s archival safe.

IMG_7851.jpeg

Step 1: Buy an empty slab from someone, or carefully crack open a less-valued one.

Step 2: Buy a photocopy of AF15 off Ebay

Step 3: Make a fake CGC label using Illustrator, Photoshop or Canva:

ScreenShot2023-10-25at10_26_37AM.png.7c0fdfab041fc974323f035888eaf6a2.png

Step 4: Put them all together in the cracked slab, (use a mylar with no backing board for the authentic look) close it up with clear tape at the top and bottom and viola! You've now got an AF15 Stunt Double that you can view while you keep your original locked away safe and sound.

By the time you put it on display up on a wall, you can't tell the fakes from the real ones unless you pull it down for a closer look.

IMG_0368.thumb.jpg.a9b4a58ae227a8a9b6fd4b70f1b01f41.jpg

Edited by Dr. Balls

On 10/25/2023 at 11:32 AM, Dr. Balls said:

You've now got an AF15 Stunt Double that you can view while you keep your original locked away safe and sound.

Then he'll have to find a fake Stunt Case to store it in.

YOU'RE JUST ADDING TO THE PROBLEM ! ! ! :makepoint: