• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If It Isn't Fed Ex It's The U.S. Postal Service!
2 2

18 posts in this topic

Sent in a MFT submission package late last week via USPS Priority Flat Rate Mail.  I properly addressed it to:

CGC
PO Box 4738
Sarasota, FL 34230

The postal clerk told me the package would arrive, Monday, 10/23.

And today, I received a notice that my package was available for pick up.  However, when I clicked on the details I saw this:

Available for Pickup
HIGHLAND CITY
4114 CLUBHOUSE RD
HIGHLAND CITY FL 33846-1755

Please see attached screen cap.  I immediately called CGC customer service and the gentleman I spoke with had no idea why this happened.  I'm now waiting on a call back from the Postal Service to try and get this sorted out.  But I mean, what the heck?  @CGC Mike

Order CGC6357364551 Postal Route Screen Cap.jpg

On 10/23/2023 at 12:20 PM, CGC Mike said:

I can tell you that we never go to the PO to pick up packages.  The USPS brings the packages directly to us.

Thanks anyway, Mike.  I just got off the phone with the Postal Service.  The young woman I spoke with was also confused as to what happened.  She opened a Service Request to get more information and to call them back on Wednesday if I don't see anything happening.

Mike, mine was delivered at usps today, but it says Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 5:10 pm on April 8, 2024 in SARASOTA, FL 34230.

I’ve never seen that before. It’s always “picked up by individual.” Do I need to worry?

On 10/23/2023 at 9:44 PM, valiantman said:

It's still in the USPS system.  4114 Clubhouse Road is a US Post Office

AF1QipP7xWju-BHMZ-EY63An1MIXvA0rqGAd8PX92dp5=w426-h240-k-no

If it was someone's house, I'd be worried. :foryou:

I actually had something similar, but a little different, happen recently. A package was shipped with UPS, and I checked the tracking for the estimated delivery date. The date comes and the tracking indicates it's been delivered. I check the lobby of my building, where the mailboxes are, and no package. Looked all over; other side of the building, where the mailboxes for the other side are; the vestibule, in case they couldn't get in/couldn't be bothered to try to get in. No luck. I check the tracking again and it indicates a different address that it's been delivered to, and it turns out that was a US post office. UPS handed off the package to USPS for the final couple miles, and I got it the next day. But I wonder what happens in those cases if something goes wrong; who covers problems with delivery?

• Administrator
On 4/8/2024 at 5:46 PM, Jjshiffs86 said:

Mike, mine was delivered at usps today, but it says Your item was delivered to the front desk, reception area, or mail room at 5:10 pm on April 8, 2024 in SARASOTA, FL 34230.

I’ve never seen that before. It’s always “picked up by individual.” Do I need to worry?

No

Also UPS

This morning they just left a Hulk 1 on someone's doorstep in California. 

I would have preferred to send it Registered Mail, but the buyer wanted it on a day he knew he'd be home, so we opted for UPS Air Advantage, Signature Required. 

Buyer got it, but I can't believe I just paid $500 for shipping and insurance just to have it left at someone's front door. doh!

On 4/10/2024 at 1:47 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

Also UPS

This morning they just left a Hulk 1 on someone's doorstep in California. 

I would have preferred to send it Registered Mail, but the buyer wanted it on a day he knew he'd be home, so we opted for UPS Air Advantage, Signature Required. 

Buyer got it, but I can't believe I just paid $500 for shipping and insurance just to have it left at someone's front door. doh!

I think you can call them and complain about it.  Maybe you should get money back. Probably no but good luck.

On 4/10/2024 at 3:35 PM, JollyComics said:

I think you can call them and complain about it.  Maybe you should get money back. Probably no but good luck.

I called. They said I'm entitled to a refund. I paid for secure shipping with signature, I got neither. I need the local UPS shipping to fill out a form. We'll see how it goes. 

On 4/11/2024 at 3:02 PM, MatterEaterLad said:

I called. They said I'm entitled to a refund. I paid for secure shipping with signature, I got neither. I need the local UPS shipping to fill out a form. We'll see how it goes. 

^^  (I hope so!!).   Screw that driver (he/she may make $75K a year).