• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective comics #27 COMICLINK Nov. Cover only.
3 3

39 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2023 at 6:16 PM, action1kid said:

So does this mean the back cover has been reattached to the front cover by a restored process?

No, it says Qualified not restored. I would say it's like adding a Marvel value stamp to a nice copy of Hulk 181that had its stamp cut out. Does nothing for value but as long as you don't attach it by any means it's not restored just wrong stamp to that copy.

Edited by woowoo

On 10/29/2023 at 7:45 PM, action1kid said:

So the front and covers are not attached

I would say No if you look you can see it's not attached and if it was it would be called Restored.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Edited by woowoo

On 10/29/2023 at 9:50 PM, woowoo said:
On 10/29/2023 at 9:45 PM, action1kid said:

So the front and covers are not attached

I would say No if you look you can see it's not attached and if it was it would be called Restored.

Technically, if it was attached with tape, I think it would still get a qualified CVR label, rather than restored CVR label, but that would just add damage to the cover; fortunately it doesn't appear as though that wasn't done.

On 10/30/2023 at 8:37 AM, action1kid said:

Isn’t the use of leaf paper to reattach considered not restoring by Cgc?

That would be conservation.  Gray label

I tried to buy this off of facebook about a year ago the guy had it advertised as being a cover that his dad had kept, with a coverless action #10 and coverless wonder woman #1 and some other stuff. He said he ended up selling it to a "true collector" lol ... I said yea ... it will be for sale somewhere married to a book or by itself, within a year ... I am never wrong! :nyah:

On 10/30/2023 at 11:58 PM, Bat-Hound said:

Wish I had the chance to add this front cover to my copy. Oh well I guess I must bid to try to win. If I can’t win maybe I will sell my copy in the next featured Auction after this😃

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

Dude that's awesome. Seems like you have some serious thinking to do. You have the back cover already so if you had the front cover and had it graded it would be qualified - front cover married. I guess that would increase the value of yours in it's current state substaintially. 

In layman's terms - Brother you sittin on top of a gold mine. 

On 10/31/2023 at 3:00 PM, szav said:

I mean, it's gotta go for at least 150k right?  because this + a coverless copy, which seem to run around 100k now, = a 300-400k low grade married or possibly restored book complete book.  The name scrawled on the cover will leave no doubt what happens with this anyway...unless its removed somehow.   Will be interesting to watch happens to this at auction and afterwards.

Yep. We really only have the April 2022 sale of a coverless to go on as far as I know. and like you said one would probably sell for around 100k right now if it was complete.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/detective-comics-27-coverless-dc-1939-cgc-ng-light-tan-of-off-white-pages/a/7270-93021.s

What do you or anyone here think a qualified complete both covers married or just front cover married copy would go for? That seems to be the big question related to what this qualified cover will sell for. 

I don't see any recent or distant examples of a book like that selling. I'm surprised to see there is only 1 qualified example on the census, a 2.5.

I could be way off about this but I doubt a low grade qualified complete married cover(s) copy would sell for any more than 200 to 250k these days, maybe even quite less. It probably wouldn't be worth it in a financial aspect for anyone looking to add this comiclink cover to their coverless copy to pay any more than 100k for it unless maybe they think it would be at least mid grade or better with the CLink cover attached.

Edited by Professor K
Link Added

On 11/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, szav said:

I was gonna ask about that.  So the back cover is identical to other issues printed the same month and it could be married to a comic from a totally different title?  Or is there anything that would identify it as a Tec 27 back cover but just from a different copy?

It can be from Action Comics 12