• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You paid what for that?
1 1

213 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2023 at 7:18 AM, VintageComics said:

I get a lot of that but if you really look closely, I look nothing like him. It's flattering but I don't see it.

Hairstyle, that’s all.  (thumbsu

On 11/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, Tbone911t said:

Just outside of Halifax. 

I grew up in Hali and still try to make it back once a year to visit my mom. Weird how much the city has changed since I moved to Vancouver in the early 2000s, but I do find something comforting in how similar other parts of the province are (the Anapolis Valley, Antigonish, pretty much all of Cape Breton) to what I remember from my youth. 

On 11/9/2023 at 2:20 PM, rlextherobot said:

I grew up in Hali and still try to make it back once a year to visit my mom. Weird how much the city has changed since I moved to Vancouver in the early 2000s, but I do find something comforting in how similar other parts of the province are (the Anapolis Valley, Antigonish, pretty much all of Cape Breton) to what I remember from my youth. 

The East coast is so quaint and gorgeous. Americans may not be able to relate but their point of reference would be Maine and the rest of New England. I've been through both and it's a different world out there. Relaxed, peaceful. Just a different world. 

On 11/9/2023 at 2:33 PM, VintageComics said:

The East coast is so quaint and gorgeous. Americans may not be able to relate but their point of reference would be Maine and the rest of New England. I've been through both and it's a different world out there. Relaxed, peaceful. Just a different world. 

Yeah. I wanted to get away from there from probably the moment I realized I wasn't obliged to stay, and I don't regret the decision to leave or the life I have now, but I do find my appreciation for the lifestyle has grown with time. 

Edited by rlextherobot

On 11/8/2023 at 3:20 PM, techtre2003 said:

Killer Instinct! That's definitely in my top 3 arcade cabinets I'd like to own. Several years ago I had an old repurposed cabinet retrofitted with a KI board. I ended up taking the board/hard drive out and selling it on ebay and scrapped the cabinet. Wish I had that board back now; those things are expensive and I'd love to build that cabinet as a side project. 

Nice!  KI really blew me away when it was released.  It was like Mortal Kombat, but more visually stunning.  Orchid was my girl.  I wanted one for years and found this one a while back.  Keep telling myself I'm going to really study the game and practice to regain my former glory, but haven't found the time just yet. :headbang:

On 11/9/2023 at 6:42 PM, mrlatko said:
On 11/8/2023 at 3:20 PM, techtre2003 said:

Killer Instinct! That's definitely in my top 3 arcade cabinets I'd like to own. Several years ago I had an old repurposed cabinet retrofitted with a KI board. I ended up taking the board/hard drive out and selling it on ebay and scrapped the cabinet. Wish I had that board back now; those things are expensive and I'd love to build that cabinet as a side project. 

Nice!  KI really blew me away when it was released.  It was like Mortal Kombat, but more visually stunning.  Orchid was my girl.  I wanted one for years and found this one a while back.  Keep telling myself I'm going to really study the game and practice to regain my former glory, but haven't found the time just yet. 

I feel you on killer instinct, it had that kind of art that took to rpto another level! I remember vaguely that it eventually came to home systems but it wasn't the same, I think that's true.

If I was going to dedicate to an original cabinet, I would want a shooter, but now that arcade 1up has done the terminator? I would but they priced it way high, and idk why  :(

So I've told myself if on sale, or wait for Aerosmith shooter, which it was between it and t2 for me. I remember Aerosmith being rumored to not be pc, so idk if that will ever happen?

I just had to Google revolutionX, man a wild ride, that if with arcade 1up? At least the game would still be considered hard or difficult with infinite lives, since there aren't a lot of clues in the game, or what to shoot and maneuver is not obvious within the game lol

I still think as for arcades that revolution X would be as dated as the machine itself to a bit of fun for a, "they did what!" That kind of lol silliness 

I had totally forgotten about Revolution X. Me and a buddy of mine used to pump so many quarters into that machine! That would be another really cool cabinet to own. 

The 1up games are really cool but I still just can't get over the smaller size. Since I'll probably never get my hands on a KI cabinet I've decided my next Summer project is going to be a custom MAME cabinet.

On 11/10/2023 at 12:50 PM, techtre2003 said:

I had totally forgotten about Revolution X. Me and a buddy of mine used to pump so many quarters into that machine! That would be another really cool cabinet to own. 

The 1up games are really cool but I still just can't get over the smaller size. Since I'll probably never get my hands on a KI cabinet I've decided my next Summer project is going to be a custom MAME cabinet.

Bruh. 

I used to spend all my paper route money at the arcade, which was across the road from the building my paper route was in! I was a horrible teenager!