• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official 2023 CGC Chat Boards Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up
8 8

375 posts in this topic

On 12/25/2023 at 10:40 PM, Turtle said:

I've got to sing the praises of @Shadow, who was my Secret Santa this year.  I asked for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles anything.  He got me a best-of Splinter book along with a good mix of other 80's books right in the same vein as the TMNT from the same era, most of which I've never heard of.  I'm looking forward to reading them.  :cool:  He also got me a Splinter from the 80's Playmates toyline, which is a real blast from the past.  I had one many years ago, but it was played-with so much that it didn't look nearly as good as this one.  The weapons are still on the rack...it's practically new!

IMG_4656.thumb.jpg.b53b17b55ba7871690cab0ac7a7ea85e.jpg

IMG_4657.thumb.jpg.fa98573de07d5094ff06c49514e6da0e.jpg

To me, the best thing of all was the card.  He put what looks to be a TON of work into the artwork in the card.  It looks absolutely terrific and I'll definitely be keeping it in my art portfolios.  I'm floored by the talent (and generosity) around here. 

IMG_4658.thumb.jpg.81a4dc2c0e1c9acd6d5649f10bc42b19.jpg

Thank you so much @Shadow(worship)  You've made this a very Merry Christmas for me. 

I'm happy you enjoyed them! I usually try and personalize the cards, some better than others... lol Merry Christmas!

On 12/24/2023 at 9:26 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I just opened my gift. It's long been a family tradition to open gifts on Christmas Eve.

A HUGE thanks to @Loading... for the 2 Strange Terrors PS Artbooks, and for the Belgium Chocolate (thumbsu

With stories like "Sword of the Vikings" this title looks to be right up my alley. :popcorn:

Xmas_gift_pkg.JPG

Xmas_gift_books.JPG

Xmas_gift_book_Viking.JPG

I am glad you are enjoying the books! The reprinting in these collected editions is exquisite. I never knew these pre code collections existed before and now know what to get my father in law for his birthday haha

On 12/27/2023 at 4:00 PM, FigaroToe said:

Opened my gift on Xmas and was very pleased with the fun goodies inside! However, with all the hub-bub and family and cleanup, I must've misplaced the letter and I can't remember who sent it! I'm so sorry, but whoever sent this, I loved it!

IMG_0552.JPEG

IMG_0550.JPEG

Glad you liked it! It was fun putting it together for you. And I hope you liked the wrapping paper…

On 1/2/2024 at 10:50 AM, HollyJollyOne said:

Happy New Year, everyone.

Thanks for another great Gift Exchange experience.
I really enjoy helping with this every year... and since I haven't received any notifications from anyone saying they have been left behind, I'm going to call this year a win. :acclaim:

Thanks to everyone who participated... you are the best.

Until next time

giphy.gif

Thank you so much @HollyJollyOne!!

On 1/2/2024 at 8:33 AM, comicparadox said:

Glad you liked it! It was fun putting it together for you. And I hope you liked the wrapping paper…

Ah! I knew it was "comic" something lol. Thank you for the present and comics (as well as the wrapping paper!)