• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics 1 1939 October Copy HA.com
2 2

40 posts in this topic

Just received my catalogue and  just saw that that an a rare OCT  is up.

I was wondering how much it will sell for since  a november coverless sold for  40k in 2022  and a CGC 2.0 moderate extensive C3 sold for a cool 156k sept 2021 at ha.com

I havent seen an October copy sell in ages

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9413.jpeg

Edited by zen514
forgot to put sold amount

On 11/3/2023 at 6:22 PM, gumption said:

It was on display at HA's booth at NYCC last month. Couldn't get a good photo from all the glare from harsh lighting above. Still such a treat seeing it in person.

I wish you could have gotten a nice picture of it.  Must have been quite a sight to see the first printing OCT. 

On 11/3/2023 at 6:22 PM, gumption said:

It was on display at HA's booth at NYCC last month. Couldn't get a good photo from all the glare from harsh lighting above. Still such a treat seeing it in person.

This is the TRUE first Timely/Marvel comic...

Edited by pemart1966
x

On 11/8/2023 at 9:52 AM, G.A.tor said:

there was a time I owned both oct and nov at same time...didn't seem like such a big deal back then lol

mmc1 001.jpg

:jawdrop:

On 11/2/2023 at 1:16 PM, zen514 said:

Just received my catalogue and  just saw that that an a rare OCT  is up.

I was wondering how much it will sell for since  a november coverless sold for  40k in 2022  and a CGC 2.0 moderate ext  c3  in 2021.

I havent seen an October copy sell in ages

IMG_9410.jpeg

IMG_9413.jpeg

I wonder how much $$$ the consignor saved on the slabbing fee, by sending this book ‘across the street’? Im talkin current rates here😎

On 11/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, G.A.tor said:

there was a time I owned both oct and nov at same time...didn't seem like such a big deal back then lol

mmc1 001.jpg

I owned 2 NOV copies myself. I sold the one with a grayish blue cover for a beautiful deep deep blue cover. Gorgeous.! My favorite cover.

On 11/7/2023 at 12:12 PM, MrBedrock said:

image.jpeg.30617cdc5818fe068dbc95d26839c9ea.jpeg

Saw this Marvelous array at the Dallas Summit, discussed the kewl presentation with West Stephan and Matt Nelson; briefly chatted with Mark Haspel there too.

This was almost as impressive was MrBedrock's wall. Note: My only regret was not having the forethought to strategically pose with a long box of MrB's comics ...a'la the infamous Rifleman cover!  lol

:cheers:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale added; verbosity edited.

On 11/12/2023 at 9:53 PM, ChillMan said:

Yes.

I was writing a comment on this...but I deleted it...because this topic deserves a tread of it's own.  Which I'm posting now...

On 11/12/2023 at 9:53 PM, ChillMan said:

Yes.

I was writing a comment on this...but I deleted it...because this topic deserves a tread of it's own.  Which I'm posting now...

Thanks for not derailing this Marvel Comics 1  october/ november thread.

Very nice hindsight is 20/20 thread 👏

144k with BP

I think the buyer did very well with this rare October copy. The grand daddy of of Marvel comics and MCU🙌

Hindsight is 20/20  this will be a book this book value📈 will rise dramatically in the near future.

Looking forward seeing the next Marvel comics 1 Oct or Nov… Heck! Even coverless come to auction😅

IMG_9972.jpeg