• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC “In-House” Private Signings submitter beware
1 1

3 posts in this topic

when CGC advertises an event as a “In-House Private Signing” they should be clear if it is at CGC HQ or the creator’s actual house

just saw this posting on social media ….

1h  · 
Write up this weekend’s #SignatureSeriesSaturday with our CGC Signature Series team and the incomparable #MarvWolfman! It is always such a joy getting to hang with the accredited writer this time welcoming us info his lovely home! Let us know in the comments if you see your submission among this large spread of collectable keys!

…. now I did not submit for this signing but if I did it would concern me with all the QC issues and such that the books are having to make 2 extra trips and are subject to more handling in a less controlled environment

understood that sometimes things come up with a talent where they are unable to travel, but in that case maybe the event should be pushed back or postponed

This practice seems to be occurring more often such as artists finishing remarques offsite (see Arthur Adams)

If you did submit and CGC later alerted you to this change in venue and gave the option if you wished to continue or not please disregard this post but I find it highly unlikely 

description of “in-house” private signings per CGC

In-House Private Signings

It’s not always possible for fans to attend a comic con or other event to get their collectibles signed in person. CGC In-House Private Signings provide the answer! With In-House Private Signings, CGC invites individual artists, writers and other creators to its headquarters to sign collectibles at a designated time. While signing collectibles, many creators connect with fans through social media channels, and some may even do shout-outs. CGC In-House Private Signings are not affiliated with comic cons, so even if a convention is canceled, In-House Private Signings are not affected.

https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

On 11/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

when CGC advertises an event as a “In-House Private Signing” they should be clear if it is at CGC HQ or the creator’s actual house

just saw this posting on social media ….

1h  · 
Write up this weekend’s #SignatureSeriesSaturday with our CGC Signature Series team and the incomparable #MarvWolfman! It is always such a joy getting to hang with the accredited writer this time welcoming us info his lovely home! Let us know in the comments if you see your submission among this large spread of collectable keys!

…. now I did not submit for this signing but if I did it would concern me with all the QC issues and such that the books are having to make 2 extra trips and are subject to more handling in a less controlled environment

understood that sometimes things come up with a talent where they are unable to travel, but in that case maybe the event should be pushed back or postponed

This practice seems to be occurring more often such as artists finishing remarques offsite (see Arthur Adams)

If you did submit and CGC later alerted you to this change in venue and gave the option if you wished to continue or not please disregard this post but I find it highly unlikely 

description of “in-house” private signings per CGC

In-House Private Signings

It’s not always possible for fans to attend a comic con or other event to get their collectibles signed in person. CGC In-House Private Signings provide the answer! With In-House Private Signings, CGC invites individual artists, writers and other creators to its headquarters to sign collectibles at a designated time. While signing collectibles, many creators connect with fans through social media channels, and some may even do shout-outs. CGC In-House Private Signings are not affiliated with comic cons, so even if a convention is canceled, In-House Private Signings are not affected.

https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

I believe this was an issue with things getting signed at venues like NYCC that they would have taken with them to NY to get signed. So now you have them taking them far and wide and as we all know the more handling the more potential for issues.

I get that they want to continue with the signings and maybe thats a good thing but not at the expense of quality.