• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this receive a restored grade or be deemed incomplete and receive a lower Grade? Last page clipped at ink line.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Not sure the reasoning behind why someone would have done this to the book. The last page was clipped across the top at the ink line. The only thing I can surmise is the owner wanted the title of the book to appear on the inside when it was open? - See pictures. Anyway my real question is will CGC either consider this restoration or deem it to be incomplete and recieve a lower grade? Clearly this was not the usually trim job in an attempt to improve the appearance of the book. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks to all who respond! 

fc1.jpg

fc2.jpg

On 11/5/2023 at 10:15 AM, buttock said:

My best guess is that it will be factored into the grade, but they may choose to go qualified or at least offer you that option.

Yea, you're right it could likely be a qualfied grade. If they give it an universal label does it automatically make it a .05 or could it grade higher? It is a golden age comic. 

On 11/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, O Doyle Rules said:

Yea, you're right it could likely be a qualfied grade. If they give it an universal label does it automatically make it a .05 or could it grade higher? It is a golden age comic. 

I don't know.  

The current policy is that if it grades 3.5 or higher it will usually get a Qualified grade. If it's less than a 3.5, the missing piece will be factored into the grade based on the cumulative size of the piece. 

I hope this helps and good luck...