• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,342 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2024 at 2:21 PM, Beige said:

So has anyone actually gone to the cops yet?

This guy has been enabled by non-action for so long that he doesn't care.

This is what I don't understand. As someone who used to work in law enforcement I can tell you that this whole thing is absolutely criminal at this point. I also don't buy the "well the cops won't take us serious because it's comic books" take either. We are talking 10s of thousands of dollars here. 

On 1/16/2024 at 6:57 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

If she's homeless, how did she get to sit down at a computer and create an account and post in here?

That post was likely created on a phone by the formatting.

Give them kudo's for the wall of text without any edits.

-bc

On 1/16/2024 at 7:07 PM, bc said:

That post was likely created on a phone by the formatting.

Give them kudo's for the wall of text without any edits.

-bc

I don't know why that never crossed my mind, but you're probably right on that. 

On 1/16/2024 at 7:09 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I don't know why that never crossed my mind, but you're probably right on that. 

My ex used to send me messages in that same wall of text format when she was wasted.

-bc

On 1/16/2024 at 7:02 PM, CameronWV said:

This is what I don't understand. As someone who used to work in law enforcement I can tell you that this whole thing is absolutely criminal at this point. I also don't buy the "well the cops won't take us serious because it's comic books" take either. We are talking 10s of thousands of dollars here. 

You are definitely right about this.  The US Postal Inspection Service would work this case with the high dollar amount in losses and mailing stolen property. 

This is pretty much echoing many others here, but here's my opinion:

This guy has proven time and time again he cant be trusted.  As far as the drug use or addiction goes, this entire situation fits perfectly with a person who spends their entire day hustling and scheming to get their fix of choice.  For 15 years, I managed a buy/sell/trade music and movie store on the westside of a major city.  Constantly, all day from opening to closing, I delt with addicts selling whatever they could find to get money for whatever.  The constant excuses, the incoherent rambling, it all fits.  I'm glad some people have been getting their books back.  But honestly, I believe those lucky few will be in the extreme minority.  

On 1/16/2024 at 6:57 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

If she's homeless, how did she get to sit down at a computer and create an account and post in here?

The unhoused have access to the internet many ways, including public libraries. There is a mom in my city who is on the streets (not on drugs or anything either) and spends time at the library so she can use the webcam to chat with her children overseas :( 

On 1/16/2024 at 7:13 PM, Steviehuv66 said:

You are definitely right about this.  The US Postal Inspection Service would work this case with the high dollar amount in losses and mailing stolen property. 

The problem is the multi state, multi-jurisdictional nature of the case. Establishing the specific characteristics of mass produced items, and especially an audit worthy FMV, when so much sales data is suppressed, is also quite a hurdle. A promising civil suit may encourage charges in a Federal prosecutorial arena. One thing is for sure, time is not an ally here. I know we want to bury heads in the sand, just CERTAIN Santa is coming down that chimney, but what if,,,, damn, I hate to be the one. I think our perp may have eaten Santa Claus. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I would love to be wrong about this, I always thought we comic guys were a noble fraternity ... I know, Santa. 

On 1/16/2024 at 7:49 PM, jimjum12 said:

Actually, I never liked it. When I was young, I tried it all. It may have been my least favorite lapse in judgement, barring possibly my ex-wife. Only tried it a couple times, tried her a few times too many.  GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I was going to put a laughing emoji because on the exwife comment, but didn't want you to think i was laughing about the drugs!  

Drugs are no laughing matter... ex wives however, are hysterical!  (Although they are less funny in the moment)

On 1/16/2024 at 7:44 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Okay, based on this...I think Jimbo is also on meth.

Anyone else here on meth?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug, and meth is too

IMG_0709.gif

On 1/16/2024 at 5:21 PM, seanlinc said:

Well I've been reluctant to chime in on this train wreck, but my thoughts when i saw the post about "she stole my second set of keys" were this is an attempt to set up a reason books are missing.

That jumped out to me as well. I'm guessing she's just as much of a train wreck as Mike is. I don't think he's using that as an excuse (yet). But I do suspect that she's part of his new messed up life and probably in and out of his shop, his home, (his RV???), and around what comics he does have. What a nightmare. Not one tweaker, but potentially 2 or more. 

I have never used recreational drugs or had an ex-wife but I would imagine they both take all of your money and joy in life. 

I am pretty sure beautiful women are the most addictive though. :bigsmile: