• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,342 posts in this topic

On 12/23/2023 at 11:14 PM, Sauce Dog said:

We already know where it is. I'm just not sharing that info publicly for obvious reasons (those who are initiating legal action however can request the information from me)

Please contact me regarding legal action we are taking if you have books with him.

Thanks

On 1/18/2024 at 6:14 AM, Flake Tapper said:

Hi all:

I have some big books with Mike.  I am pursuing all legal remedies to resolve this situation.   

If you are in the same situation as me,  please send me a pm and join me.

Enough is enough. 

Thanks.

are you able to share anything more specific as to which books?  were they submitted for restoration or for cleaning and pressing?

On 1/18/2024 at 3:11 PM, wiparker824 said:

Have we considered the possibility Flake Tapper, new account, isn’t Mike claiming to be someone taking legal action to get victims to “sign up” with him for “legal action” that isn’t actually happening just so that they don’t pursue legal action of their own? Just a thought…

Maybe, but I don't think so. Mike is already aware of one customer taking legal action against him (as they have been in contact directly, not through me) and the others I've spoken with are doing their own thing already outside the boards.

Those who were on the survey have already been put in touch with some other members looking into legal action, so they would just be bringing him onboard something already in motion or has already been brought to his attention (at least the ones I know about). Those on the survey also were contacted and consented to me passing along their names & invoice details to Mike when he requested them so he could make those customers a priority (not all of them though), so he is aware of them already if that was part of this. Thus far three customers on the survey have had their books returned, and last I heard from Mike two more are almost ready to be mailed out (and a few more he is still working on locating fully).

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 1/19/2024 at 4:11 AM, wiparker824 said:

Have we considered the possibility Flake Tapper, new account, isn’t Mike claiming to be someone taking legal action to get victims to “sign up” with him for “legal action” that isn’t actually happening just so that they don’t pursue legal action of their own? Just a thought…

No, 

I'm not him.  We not only have good reason to believe he closed Hero and took our money but also that he has sold  our books.  

On 1/18/2024 at 6:59 PM, Flake Tapper said:

No, 

I'm not him.  We not only have good reason to believe he closed Hero and took our money but also that he has sold  our books.  

Unfortunately it seems very apparent he is selling books. 

On 1/18/2024 at 6:59 PM, Flake Tapper said:

No, 

Yes, but we know that as a fact at this point - not just 'good reason to believe'. You might need to re-read this entire thread as I'm getting the sense you are missing a few things.

The business is permanently closed, and has been for months now. All that is left is for him to dissolve the current LLC and start any necessary other actions (bankruptcy, insurance claims etc). He has sold customer books (the only thing most are questioning now is his claims of it being accident vs intentional, and how many / which books have been sold). 

On 1/19/2024 at 9:03 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Yes, but we know that as a fact at this point - not just 'good reason to believe'. You might need to re-read this entire thread as I'm getting the sense you are missing a few things.

The business is permanently closed, and has been for months now. All that is left is for him to dissolve the current LLC and start any necessary other actions (bankruptcy, insurance claims etc). He has sold customer books (the only thing most are questioning now is his claims of it being accident vs intentional, and how many / which books have been sold). 

I am aware of all that.  I'll be in touch soon.