• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,339 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2024 at 3:30 PM, mattn792 said:

So the books you're getting back were pressed and cleaned, but Mike couldn't bother sending them to CGC at any point in the past year and a half?  Sorry, I don't buy this at face value.

Just to clarify. I sent in 2 separate submissions. I was told that one was pressed and the other was dry cleaned. I was also told that my books will be shipped out this week. I’ll provide updates as I get them and let everyone know once I receive my books. 

Edited by M_Ndreu

On 2/24/2024 at 7:55 PM, M_Ndreu said:

Just to clarify. I sent in 2 separate submissions. I was told that one was pressed and the other was dry cleaned. I was also told that my books will be shipped out this week. I’ll provide updates as I get them and let everyone know once I receive my books. 

I’ve been asking for my books back for 16 months and still do not have them back. I asked for them back way before any health issues. I don’t believe anyone has gotten their books back. 

On 2/24/2024 at 6:55 PM, M_Ndreu said:

Please post photos if and when you do get them back.

On 2/24/2024 at 7:53 PM, JAUITO said:

You mean photos that Mike submits?

I mean whoever is behind these two February 17th accounts.  Could be Mike.  Could be the CIA.  Could be anyone in between.  Let's watch it play out.  :popcorn:

On 2/24/2024 at 8:42 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Well, then this IS a lucky coincidence.

I just received the following email earlier today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To:  Mr. Domo Arigato

Date: February 24, 2024

Mr. Arigato,

Greetings and salutations.  I hope this correspondence finds that you are goodly and of excellent health.  I am sending these words via electronical communication to let you know that your books have completioned and are ready to take their journey to you through the postal mail system.  Unfortunately, due to the unrest in my country, all of my huge wealth has been temporarily seized, and I need your help to regain it so I can return the books back into your willing hands.  The quickliest way you can accomplish this is also very easily.  Just go to the nearest location and purchase $500 in Blockbuster gift cards.  Then you will need to correspond back to this email and supply me with the codes revealed on the back of said cards.  This will allow me to gain access to all of my funds and return you property so that you will once again be a fully complete and happy person.

With respect and humble dignity,

Michael D.

The True Crown Prince of Nigeria

I see we run with the same crowd. Maybe when he gets the money for the plane ticket I sent him we can all meet up!

On 2/24/2024 at 9:42 PM, Domo Arigato said:

Well, then this IS a lucky coincidence.

I just received the following email earlier today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

To:  Mr. Domo Arigato

Date: February 24, 2024

Mr. Arigato,

Greetings and salutations.  I hope this correspondence finds that you are goodly and of excellent health.  I am sending these words via electronical communication to let you know that your books have completioned and are ready to take their journey to you through the postal mail system.  Unfortunately, due to the unrest in my country, all of my huge wealth has been temporarily seized, and I need your help to regain it so I can return the books back into your willing hands.  The quickliest way you can accomplish this is also very easily.  Just go to the nearest location and purchase $500 in Blockbuster gift cards.  Then you will need to correspond back to this email and supply me with the codes revealed on the back of said cards.  This will allow me to gain access to all of my funds and return you property so that you will once again be a fully complete and happy person.

With respect and humble dignity,

Michael D.

The True Crown Prince of Nigeria

At least you know the books were "completioned"

Hello all (and hello to Mike, if you are reading this).

I am also a member of the 'missing AF15 club', sadly.  (I don't post much on these boards, but have been a member for years)

Mike After emailing you a few times, it was suggested I reach out to you here on this board.  Please send me a PM regarding my AF15 (CGC 5.5 Restored-C2) that was sent to you in December, 2021, and we can coordinate returning the book to me. If this occurs, I will not seek legal action, and I will walk away from all of this. All I want is my family's book back -- as we discussed, it is a family heirloom for my kids -- and I want to move on from this. 

Reference #:  HRC2776

Submitted and received by Hero Restoration: December, 2021.

Distinguishing features: White-out on back cover covering sharpie stains; sharpie stains throughout the book; trimmed front cover (top and side) (See pics below)

Last known work on the book:  Mike sent me a video of the cover being cleaned, and said that 'next step was UV work.' No updates on work after that, only calls.

Mike, I truly hope you are ok, and I wish you no ill-will. We had many great conversations. All I want is my book back -- even if it is in pieces -- and I re-assemble it, and I will move on from there. As we chatted about many times, this is a book I truly want to show my Dad before he passes from his illness. 

With these pictures (below), if anyone has seen this book -- or comes across it in the future -- please know that it is stolen property, and please send me a message asap and/or contract the police regarding the potential sale of stolen goods.

If my book is returned to me, Mike, I will absolutely post about it (if you wish) to let people know you're returning their books and doing the right thing. It's never too late to do the right thing. Never too late to make a comeback.

Please PM me Mike, and I'm eager to sort this out in a quick and amicable way.

Screen Shot 2024-02-28 at 11.20.15 AM.png

20211214_131148 (1).jpg

20211214_131150.jpg

20211214_131159.jpg

20211214_131219.jpg