• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
24 24

1,376 posts in this topic

On 2/29/2024 at 11:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

His store, Cool Stuff, was apparently robbed back in January (I only found out recently though) and customer books were stolen (which ones and how many I do not know). He told me he filed a police report and shared security footage with me - at which point I NOPED right out of the conversation as it is now grand larceny and I am not getting involved in this growing mess further.

I didn't post anything explicit about it since I was waiting for him to make an announcement or whatever, but that doesn't seem to be happening and so yeah, I guess might as well confirm it since a few other people also know at this point. :ohnoez:

A real life Breaking Bad/Comic Book Men crossover. Sad.

@Sauce Dog are you able to share which police department the “theft” was reported to?  Because Mike’s victims should make a phone call to report which of their books he had at that time, or are confirmed sold on eBay.  While there’s certainly a not zero chance that he just got drunk one night and told the wrong person how much “cool stuff” he has and where to find it, there’s also a very not zero chance that he’s telling the PD that customer books he previously sold on eBay were stolen that night.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:46 AM, shadroch said:

I  think you should be filing your complaint with the District Attorney or the state Attorney General, not the local police.

Why?

A  Google search on where to report fraud in Oregon will give you the Attorney General's fraud hotline number and a bullet point that says most fraud in Oregon is handled by the Attorney General's Office. It even links you to forms you can fill out remotely.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:37 AM, shadroch said:

A  Google search on where to report fraud in Oregon will give you the Attorney General's fraud hotline number and a bullet point that says most fraud in Oregon is handled by the Attorney General's Office. It even links you to forms you can fill out remotely.

Honestly,  people should be doing both. Police,  the attorney General, the FBI, their uncle who knows a state senator in Oregon, lawyers... 

This is a time for action and justice needs to be served. 

So Mike has not responded to me at all after several emails, calls and Texts.  The book that was sold on ebay looks strikingly similar to the book I sent him, and I love the fact that he says, "I forget who signed it" in the description.  To me this seems like it is now a type of Pyramid scheme, where he (possibly) sends back books to some people, and sells others to keep this going.  

Guess I should post this too.  I oringinally sent my ASM 129 to the New Jersey office, and then noticed it was re-routed to Oregon.
The nonsense about Mike's store getting robbed and the books he was supossed to be working on getting stolen is just that NONSENSE.

1) Never responded to any of my emails or calls for the past 6+ months.

2) Should have had insurance

3) Should have never had the books in his "Store" to begin with

4) Should have had a safe.

5) Should have communicated that the books were stolen to the customers (or communicated ANYTHING for that matter)

Thank you for your submission to Hero Restoration. Your invoice number is HRC3286, please provide this number in any emails or phone calls to us so that we can better assist you.

Please print out a copy of the below submission details and include it with your comics when shipping them to us.  Mail your order to one of the following addresses based on HRC Tier to the two options below. Please be sure to ship to the right location based on TIER, not proximity. Drop of submission do not apply.

Send Time Travel, and "None" to:

Hero Restoration
55 Walker RD Unit 184
Lebanon OR 97355-0184

Send  Captain's Chair, Slipstream and Warp Speed to:

Hero Restoration
Vernon Colonial Plaza
P.O Box 462
McAfee NJ 07428-462

Invoice # HRC3286
# of items 1
Name Gary Hanson
Email  
How did you hear about us? Returning Client
Phone Number  
Shipping Address

Billing Address  
Domestic Shipping $ 26
Pressing Tier Slipstream - 6 weeks Value Limit $3000
Ship to CGC HRC Account
No Slabs Accepted
Terms and Conditions Accepted
Your Items
Type Title Issue # Version Quantity Publisher Year Value Notes
Comic Amazing Spider-Man 129   1 Marvel 1974 3000 "Slab approved by Jaclyn. Book graded by CGC within the last 12 months." Please make sure this goes directly to CGC as to receive the yellow, "Signature Series" label, and does not get a notation "Name written in Marker!"  Thanks! Gary
Hi Gary!

Your books are on their way through the pressing process. 
If you want to check the status and see what we are currently working on, you can find the information on our website.

This is our current status update:

7LF-Y2iczMqtOo_x_h5a6K9nB-DxWa6d61cHb9G1MljHQ23MJw10zQSOPRyVn-guxYZh2Yz3Cj8GdZu355zTd4b781ZE96r4tQNXGJWsVuW-XfoSiIoylbI47CeJJ_6K1xAAV-uhyleIRcJr4g1p0yA

It can also be found on our website, here:

https://herorestorationcomics.com/prices/

The submissions classified in the chart above are almost complete. We will be updating the status chart again in a few weeks.

Thank you for your patience, as our Master Jedi is a perfectionist! Your books will be in better shape than you ever could have imagined!

Cheers,

Jaclyn Kearney

CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER

East Coast Operations

Hero Restoration

www.herorestorationcomics.com
541-240-2931

On 3/1/2024 at 9:35 AM, mattn792 said:

@Sauce Dog are you able to share which police department the “theft” was reported to?  Because Mike’s victims should make a phone call to report which of their books he had at that time, or are confirmed sold on eBay.  While there’s certainly a not zero chance that he just got drunk one night and told the wrong person how much “cool stuff” he has and where to find it, there’s also a very not zero chance that he’s telling the PD that customer books he previously sold on eBay were stolen that night.

Mike only told me that he filed a police report. Whether that is true or false i have no idea, nor do i know anything else other than who the suspect is.

On 3/2/2024 at 9:15 AM, flchris said:

Reminds me of someone evading after a hit-and-run and then claiming the car was stolen during the incident after they’re found.:eyeroll:

Very true. And unfortunately, this development will complicate things considerably for those who waited to report this matter to police, and don't have significant evidence that Mike, for example, had already sold their book on eBay prior to the alleged "break-in" to his business. I could see Mike escaping criminal culpability regarding outstanding books simply by stating that the books in question were stolen during the "break-in". And I've already made my thoughts clear about the likely ineffectiveness of any potential civil action. This is a prime example of why you don't negotiate with terrorists (or in this case thieves). Unfortunately, I think a lot of people will be regretting not having reached out to law enforcement earlier. At this point, not only will they not get their money or their books back - they may also see the person who took those things evade responsibility for his actions. Hope is not a plan, and simply hoping to get one's books back was never a plan either. I would still be reaching out to law enforcement regardless.

It should be easy enough to identify his landlord.  From there you should be able to get the name of his insurance company. They'd love to hear about suspected insurance fraud if he filed a claim. 

Edited by shadroch

Has anyone gotten any submissions back in the last month? I am also waiting. I am giving up hope. Mike if you are reading this please may I have hrc 2709 hrc 2890 returned? I hold no ill will towards anyone. I just want my items returned. Thank you.