• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hero Restoration, Anyone know the latest?
27 27

1,925 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2024 at 1:43 PM, Neo "The One" said:

Gotta love RDJ!

He then died ( a hero) to become the villain, DOOM! Or something after the meme sources :makepoint: 

On 8/26/2024 at 8:12 AM, Neo "The One" said:

I remember being in my backyard worried that SOS might make a visit.   I think he was still the .44 caliber killer at the time. QV NY.

I lived in Jamaica, Queens at that time and later moved to QV.  I remember it well.

On 8/26/2024 at 2:50 PM, aszumilo said:

I lived in Jamaica, Queens at that time and later moved to QV.  I remember it well.

Vanderveer baby!  So crazy going back there when my dad died in 2020.  House seemed smaller and the neighborhood more packed together.  But it was home!

On 8/26/2024 at 11:52 AM, Neo "The One" said:

Vanderveer baby!  So crazy going back there when my dad died in 2020.  House seemed smaller and the neighborhood more packed together.  But it was home!

I lived on Jamaica Ave. and 173rd Street during the Summer of Sam.  Later moved to Jamaica Ave and 214th Street (between 93rd and 94th Ave.), so, you were only a couple of streets over from me.

On 8/26/2024 at 12:48 PM, Neo "The One" said:

I'll tell you what - I did some things I regret as a kid.  So I"m no saint.  Certain lines I never crossed, rob, steal, assault.  I like to think I learned from my mistakes. 

I watch youtube court videos quite a bit.  Judges try to change behaviour for many of the cases through probation, suspended sentences, ankle monitors, curfews, drug and alcohol counseling, etc.  Jail is a last resort.  Certainly if you're convicted of an egregious crime you're going to jail but judges know that jail is likely the worst way to change a person's behaviour.

It's sad watching someone up on their 4th drug conviction or DUI crying that they'll lose their job if they go to jail or they have young kids or they're finally gonna change their behavior but the judge sentences them to jail.  It's the stick the system uses when nothing else has worked.

On 8/27/2024 at 2:56 PM, Designer Toast said:

I just found out that more felony charges are coming down the pipe.

Care to share more?  Are the new charges related to comic theft or his other passion projects (drugs and alcohol)?

On 8/28/2024 at 11:02 AM, Mr. Zipper said:

One of the charges is racketeering. By definition, racketeering is a crime committed by a group or organization… not just one person. Has anyone else been brought up on charges related to this?

Racketeering is often thrown around though in the manner that RICO charges are levied.  I legitimately know of people threatened under RICO and racketeering due to the misdeeds of family members.  The authorities threatened the actual perpetrator that they would charge friends and family under the assumption that the perpetrator must have mentioned their activities to those people and those people failed to act so they were therefore part of the conspiracy to commit the act.  If the perpetrator did not want to see friends and family swept up with them they were instructed to give someone up higher on the food chain. 

I have not put much faith into the legitimacy of charges of racketeering and RICO since twice, I have seen innocent people threatened by them and in one case charged.  

On 8/30/2024 at 11:09 AM, KCOComics said:

Hey so...  Boston guy here,  trying to steer us away from this NY love fest.   

Do we know where Mike is today? Is he released? 

And did anything come of the new charges?

Linn County’s jail roster is public, just click over to their website for updates on his custody and charging status.

As of today, he’s still locked up.

On 8/30/2024 at 12:09 PM, KCOComics said:

Hey so...  Boston guy here,  trying to steer us away from this NY love fest.   

Do we know where Mike is today? Is he released? 

And did anything come of the new charges?

I believe this has the answers you seek. <3 NY. https://www.linnsheriff.org/jail/adults-in-custody/view/?id=129153