• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meet "Fred"

12 posts in this topic

Say Hi to "Fred" hi.gif

Fred was the first EC I ever purchased . . .

Fred has been with me for many years . . .

Fred will be with me until the end . . .

Fred is my friend . . .

screwy.gif

1021943-fred.jpg

1021943-fred.jpg.7dcecf2f8661c2aaa7761d819ab54a04.jpg

I don't know who Fred Lebeck was, but he had a large collection, most in nice condition except for the name which he had a habit of making very prominent on the cover. I picked up a few Fawcett Movie Comics in North Dakota in the 80's, and the LCS in Grand Forks still has some. Shame the name brings them down to fair to good in most cases.

I have a similar Superman #39 where the owner wrote his name on every single page of the book! Fortunately in pencil, as I was able to erase all of them...

Ah, you shoulda' left them. They were part of the history of that book. He was probably the kid that walked to the local drugstore back in the 40s, looked over the comics rack, and grabbed that Supes #39. Probably loved it so much he wrote his name on every page.

I have a similar Superman #39 where the owner wrote his name on every single page of the book! Fortunately in pencil, as I was able to erase all of them...

Ah, you shoulda' left them. They were part of the history of that book. He was probably the kid that walked to the local drugstore back in the 40s, looked over the comics rack, and grabbed that Supes #39. Probably loved it so much he wrote his name on every page.

ooooorrr...he was just a .

not saying he was, just postulatin on a hypothesis

Say Hi to "Fred" hi.gif

Fred was the first EC I ever purchased . . .

Fred has been with me for many years . . .

Fred will be with me until the end . . .

Fred is my friend . . .

screwy.gif

Hey Fred,

say hello to Art! tongue.gifhi.gif

wsci.jpg

I once "knew" a girl that had a large freckle named freddie? devil.gif

She named her freckle "Freddie"??

She had an interesting sense of humor, you had to know where to look, and she was good looking to boot.