• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying a Comic Character - SOLVED Thanks to the CGC Board Detectives!

26 posts in this topic

Brickman and Tina Trowel.

What a find! And if you aren't convinced enough..." There's a brand new prologue, numerous new bonus pages by guest artists such as Alan Davis and Tim Sale, and a sort of spoof interview with me. Plus an introduction by Alan Moore."

and "Several years ago, Richard Starkings of Active Images in California put together a collection of my early Brickman strips and had the good idea of adding all-new pages by guest artists. Richard contacted people such as Tim Sale and Ian Churchill for contributions and I got in touch with a few people too. Naturally, Mike Higgs was on my list, and he produced the fine page you see at the top of this post. The Cloak! Back in print, - and with Brickman too! 
"

BLIMEY! The Blog of British Comics: Birmingham Comic Art Show 1986 Booklet (lewstringer.blogspot.com)

Looks like the author is still pretty active if you wanted to contact him.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 11/22/2023 at 6:15 AM, Dr. Balls said:

@SergeAnt @ADAMANTIUM @bronze_rules @Artboy99

Just got my Brickman Begins book, eagerly flipping through each page scanning for the piece.

IMG_5986.thumb.JPG.5c5047cd6ee0aca0f7327a88b4a940dc.JPG

A little pang of disappointment was setting in as I neared the end of the book and had not seen the pin-up. I flipped to the last page, and there is was, taking up the whole inside back cover:

IMG_5985.thumb.JPG.1316b4a0491a966e2c3ba214522c3ed2.JPG

:headbang:

And SergeAnt, if you're revisiting this thread, please PM me your address so I can send a little gift your way for the help. Thanks to everyone again for the help. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

:golfclap: Awesome! Congrats! Looks like a cool book to read.