• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pricing Question
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I've reviewed the CGC site as well as many posts, but am still confused about the grading costs.  Let's say I have 10 Silver Age comics I'd like to grade at the vintage tier; each valued at less than $400.

-Grading Cost: $37 x 10 books = $370

-Handling Fee: $5

-Shipping: $25

Total Cost: $400

I will also incur the charge of shipping the 10 books to CGC.

Is this accurate?  Am I missing any charges?  Are there any methods to get discounts (like a CGC membership or bulk submissions)?

Thank you  

• Administrator

Hello @tmac100

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you have the pricing is correct. If you are submitting to us directly, rather than through an authorized dealer, you will need to purchase a membership as well.

Depending on the membership you choose, discounts are available! The most savings for customers who will submit frequently or in large quantities is the Elite membership which comes with a $150.00 grading credit and 10% off grading fees. Elite membership is $299 per year. If your submissions will be less frequent the Premium membership is another great option and it offers a $150.00 grading credit, The cost of the Premium membership is $149.00.

New members may want to test the waters with an Associate membership for only $25.00 annually. The Associate membership will provide you with submission privileges and is a good option if you plan to submit a small order. For the order type you describe, the Premium membership or Elite membership would be the most cost-effective. While the Elite membership has a higher upfront cost, it is the best option for continued savings for future submissions. 

You can view all membership types and the benefits/discounts provided for each here: https://www.cgccomics.com/join/

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 11/13/2023 at 8:14 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @tmac100

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, you have the pricing is correct. If you are submitting to us directly, rather than through an authorized dealer, you will need to purchase a membership as well.

Depending on the membership you choose, discounts are available! The most savings for customers who will submit frequently or in large quantities is the Elite membership which comes with a $150.00 grading credit and 10% off grading fees. Elite membership is $299 per year. If your submissions will be less frequent the Premium membership is another great option and it offers a $150.00 grading credit, The cost of the Premium membership is $149.00.

New members may want to test the waters with an Associate membership for only $25.00 annually. The Associate membership will provide you with submission privileges and is a good option if you plan to submit a small order. For the order type you describe, the Premium membership or Elite membership would be the most cost-effective. While the Elite membership has a higher upfront cost, it is the best option for continued savings for future submissions. 

You can view all membership types and the benefits/discounts provided for each here: https://www.cgccomics.com/join/

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

Thank you.  So if I go with the premium option, the credit offsets the annual fee, so that the grading fees for my first 4 silver age books are almost completely covered with the credit (except for handling and shipping fees)?

Is the $150 credit provided each year when renewed, or one time only?  If I understand correctly, it would seem that if someone is going to grade at least 4 silver age books per year, the Premium or Elite memberships are the most cost effective given the credits.

• Administrator

Hello,

Yes that is correct. The Premium membership would cover all the grading fees if you submitted 4 Vintage Tier books. The remaining $2 of credit left over would then apply to your shipping and handling fees. 

Also, yes! Every year you renew at the premium level or higher you receive a new $150 membership credit. Please note though, that credit must be used within that membership year. If it is not your member credit will expire when you renew. This credit does not roll over. Let us know if you have any other questions.