• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prove you are human?
3 3

45 posts in this topic

On 11/12/2023 at 3:42 AM, s-man said:

Has anyone else gotten this when they are logging in to the boards?  It asked to click on where the car would end its journey.  Didn't know if I should, seemed like a hack.

On 11/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, s-man said:

Has anyone else gotten this when they are logging in to the boards?  It asked to click on where the car would end its journey.  Didn't know if I should, seemed like a hack.

I've had to do it several times. It comes and goes. There was a period a month or two ago, I believe there was some change to the board software, and suddenly I was having to plot the course for that stupid little captcha car every few minutes. I mean, literally after every single post. It was infuriating. Eventually it eased up, to the point where it surprised me when it popped up a couple of times last week, after having not happened for so long.

I truly believe it's something to do with the firewall/security settings forced on us here at work, because it's not just the CGC boards. For instance, when I go to CLink, sometimes it will make me click a button to say I'm human before it will let me log in, and sometimes it simply says I'm blocked and won't let me log in at all. Meanwhile, if I use a computer at home, or my phone, I get no such challenges.

So, yeah, I have seen the dumb little car many times, though not as often as I once did. But I think the problem is on my end, not on CGC's.