• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Overstreet World of Comic Books (1993)
2 2

7 posts in this topic

It was great seeing a lot of legends from the Golden Age together, like Gil Kane, Murphy Anderson and Julius Schwartz.

I thought I saw a convention attendee flipping casually through an ASM #1 also. 

I’m only about 35 minutes into the video, within the first five minutes I knew I had to share the link on here. 

On 11/14/2023 at 8:57 PM, Aman619 said:

everyone is so young..  

I found it interesting that in watching and hearing a young Todd McFarlane back then in this video we could tell he had a vision and a business plan. Way ahead of most of his peers back then thinking of the future. He also seems to be the ambassador of comic books now that Stan Lee passed. 

Cool video thanks for posting it!

Brings back a lot of memories. So many of these folks are sadly gone. And those of us who were there, sure look a lot older.

I remember meeting most of these folks at SDCC. Being able to talk to these people at a table, get a couple free autographs and walk away with a smile.

Jack and Roz Kirby were always especially warm and appreciative with their fans.

And all those books we should have bought…