• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Insights on Selling/Auctioning a Unique Bound Volume of Batman Golden Age Comics
2 2

52 posts in this topic

I would like to make a small addend: The final value a consignor receives from Heritage, it is the comics sale value (minus buyer premium), minus Heritage's fee, minus the payment method fee. The last one is often overlooked by the board members, because the majority are from the US and likely receive a direct transfer from Heritage to their bank account.

But that's not the case for foreign consignors.  

Edited by Kromak

On 11/22/2023 at 7:20 AM, indrajal_fan said:

@Telegan the small pin holes are there on most of the pages across the bind,not just on the form.. its difficult to see unless you put it across a light source.

Oh, no, I don't know about the pin holes.  I was just curious about what was filled out on the form.  Looks like handwriting.  Could be a clue as to at least that book's ownership origins, although it may be before the book was bound.

On 11/19/2023 at 11:14 PM, Grendel72 said:

Would say a rough valuation around 6 to 10k.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:15 AM, Point Five said:

my gut says I'd feel safer with a $3-5K estimate than $6-10K.

On 11/20/2023 at 2:41 PM, pemart1966 said:

If they break a grand I'd be shocked.

lol, should have closed the thread after the first comment.  If this thread goes on much longer OP is going to be paying HA $50 to take the book from him.  At least the bad news was given to the OP in stages.    

Edited by Nick Furious

On 11/23/2023 at 6:28 AM, indrajal_fan said:

@Telegan and others:

Here is the blow up of the filled in form..

From my reading it looks like the information points to someone named Kruger from New York who when it was filled was 9 years and 4 months????

Anyone out there who can take a shot at this?

IMG_20231121_212917581-EDIT.jpg

Thx! It looks like Eliz. or Ely or Eli and Kruger or Hager or Kroger.  Not sure.  The address looks like it could be 3207 Hull Ave. (though that's a wild guess) which is an apartment in the Bronx apparently built around 1915.  No hits from a brief search, though.  I wonder how old that bound book itself is?  There's got to be some stories behind it ... or maybe not. lol.

On 11/24/2023 at 12:12 AM, Telegan said:

Thx! It looks like Eliz. or Ely or Eli and Kruger or Hager or Kroger.  Not sure.  The address looks like it could be 3207 Hull Ave. (though that's a wild guess) which is an apartment in the Bronx apparently built around 1915.  No hits from a brief search, though.  I wonder how old that bound book itself is?  There's got to be some stories behind it ... or maybe not. lol.

I think that you're bang on on everything.  I'm reading maybe Elizabeth/Eliza....

No doubt the start of a promising medical career given the handwriting.

I wasn’t aware of it but apparently they no longer teach cursive writing in schools. :facepalm:

My grandaughter recently asked me if I would teach her to write her name in cursive.

I bought her a book so she could learn and have worked with her. Amazingly, she has really taken to it and is quite proficient. Really proud of her. 

On 11/25/2023 at 11:21 AM, Robot Man said:

I wasn’t aware of it but apparently they no longer teach cursive writing in schools. :facepalm:

My grandaughter recently asked me if I would teach her to write her name in cursive.

I bought her a book so she could learn and have worked with her. Amazingly, she has really taken to it and is quite proficient. Really proud of her. 

Apparently they no longer teach math in school either...  :makepoint:

On 12/5/2023 at 1:05 AM, Point Five said:

@indrajal_fan  Anything happen with this yet?  :wishluck: 

Yes I did get an estimate of about @3k but have decided to hold off as the cost associated with all logistics (back and forth) are too high. Will start reaching out to HA/Bonhams etc when i am in the US in a few years. Till then this is back in one corner of my cupboard 

Edited by indrajal_fan