• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should non-comic related movies be allowed in the movie forum?
4 4

27 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Some people have posted their concerns regarding this.  

image.png

Please post your opinions regarding this.  Keep in mind this forum is currently located in the comic section, along with 35 other forums.  If non comic related movies are going to be allowed, the forum will be moved to the general discussion section.  Screenshots below show the 2 sections.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

On 11/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, Bosco685 said:

I wonder if it would be okay (and acceptable to the majority) of having Games in one area and Movies/Shows in another so they are given the individual attention they deserve?

This overall forum is going to continue to expand as Collector's Society acquires new products. 

It was a "comic / coin / money " forum 20 years ago. Now it's an everything forum as the CS brand has grown. 

It just makes sense to structure everything in the tidiest way possible for future growth and putting Games in the Games forum and Movies and Shows in their own forum seems logical.

On 11/20/2023 at 10:51 AM, VintageComics said:

This overall forum is going to continue to expand as Collector's Society acquires new products. 

It was a "comic / coin / money " forum 20 years ago. Now it's an everything forum as the CS brand has grown. 

It just makes sense to structure everything in the tidiest way possible for future growth and putting Games in the Games forum and Movies and Shows in their own forum seems logical.

Especially with all the recent and pending games.

• Administrator
On 11/20/2023 at 10:30 AM, Bosco685 said:

Mike, that's a good compromise.I wonder if it would be okay (and acceptable to the majority) of having Games in one area and Movies/Shows in another so they are given the individual attention they deserve?

I don't see why not.  We already have a video games section.  I am hoping more people will chime in.

image.png

On 11/20/2023 at 12:13 PM, CGC Mike said:

I don't see why not.  We already have a video games section.  I am hoping more people will chime in.

image.png

Again, a fair option to go with. If this movies forward I can even go back and pick up the game threads so they can be migrated cleanly to the appropriate area.

On 11/20/2023 at 3:17 PM, Dr. Love said:

I'm with you and Bosco

"All Movies" thread under General Discussion

make it so #1!

And if you could keep Roy out that would be awesome 

But hey I'm kidding!!

Or...am I

We're lovers in secret but  acquaintances in public. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. :wink:

On 11/20/2023 at 7:39 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think all movies (comics related or otherwise) under one separate forum would be a great modification.

I also think that will allow for movie posts that get off topic to just keep going in the spirit of where it’s located (away from the comic end of the forum)

Agreed 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:39 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think all movies (comics related or otherwise) under one separate forum would be a great modification.

I also think that will allow for movie posts that get off topic to just keep going in the spirit of where it’s located (away from the comic end of the forum)

On 11/20/2023 at 7:51 PM, bentbryan said:

Agreed 

Seconded 

Especially as many movies these days tend to be a pop culture event like when the Irishman came out on Netflix. 

On 11/20/2023 at 8:29 PM, Eclipse said:

I think it should be a sub-forum in the water cooler, like it's a subforum under comics general now

Hm… that too has merit so long as all movies are kept together… 

• Administrator
On 11/20/2023 at 8:29 PM, Eclipse said:

I think it should be a sub-forum in the water cooler, like it's a subforum under comics general now

It will be in the same section as the water cooler.  It will not be a sub forum of the water cooler, though.  I think I found the switch this morning.  I'll see if I dare to press the button.  What's the worst that can happen?  hm

On 11/20/2023 at 8:33 PM, CGC Mike said:

It will be in the same section as the water cooler.  It will not be a sub forum of the water cooler, though.  I think I found the switch this morning.  I'll see if I dare to press the button.  What's the worst that can happen?  hm

:roflmao:

200w(1).gif.5664e96503ca8205d1e3ee646ec2f575.gif