• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unlikely and Interesting Comic Publisher and Misc IP Cross Overs (Marvel/DC X-overs OK now, if you want)
3 3

148 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2023 at 4:49 PM, BronzeBruce13 said:

I have no words... least worthy entry by far. Not even sure what I'm looking at :tonofbricks:

IMG_3654.jpg

Absolutely nothing at all like Sabretooth vs Wolverine.

On 11/24/2023 at 5:08 AM, Kromak said:

So...Does he shoots Archie?

I can answer this. Careful of the spoiler though. 

Spoiler

Jughead's body lies before him, shot to pieces. Betty's in tears in the corner, trying to stem Veronica's bleeding (this will end up being futile, she'll end up bleeding out just as her father arrives on the scene). The Punisher has Archie tied to a chair, demanding answers for Reggie's sake. Every time Archie tries to speak, he gets hit with the butt of a MK17, initially breaking his nose, but then just causing more blood to spill across the page. The Punisher is relentless. "Why didn't you let Reggie cut in at the sock hop?" WUMP. Archie screams in pain, well past his limit. Won't someone save them all? 

Finally, Reggie himself enters. They're saved! First he stops and takes off his shirt, giving it to Betty, for her to use as a fresh tourniquet for Veronica's wounds. He stops next to Jughead's body and makes the sign of the cross. Then he moves over and stands next to Frank. Archie asks him for help. Reggie then says the comic's best line "would it matter?" Archie pauses, drops his head and agrees that it's probably too late. He then asks him why he's here. Reggie then puts his hand under Archie's chin, raising his eyes back up to look at his, and tells him, "To end the fight over Betty and Veronica... for good." 

With that he takes one of Frank's Glocks and holds it against Archie's temple. It misfires, giving Betty enough time to make me realise I don't read Archie or Punisher comics so I have no idea sorry. 

On 11/25/2023 at 11:02 AM, Brock said:

Here's an interesting one... the 1970's crossover between Marvel's Kull the Conqueror and Gold Key's Dagar the Invincible.

At that time, Don Glut was writing both titles, and figured that neither of his editors was paying attention to what he was doing, so he put Kull and Dagar into the same world, and then had them fight the same monsters (as seen on some covers here). Then the supporting cast starts to cross over between books. In Dagar #15, Dagar's girlfriend Graylin leaves him, and she next pops up in Kull #22 where she becomes Kull's love interest.

Kull.jpg

Very Cool Brock! Love it

I haven't read it since it came out, but I recall it was cool to see the connection between Chapel and Spawn way back when:

chapel05.jpg