• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unlikely and Interesting Comic Publisher and Misc IP Cross Overs (Marvel/DC X-overs OK now, if you want)
3 3

148 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, Brock said:

As I think about this thread, there's one title that fits the bill better than any others. Scooby Doo Team-Up ran for 50 issues from 2013 to 2019 and is chock full of surprising IP crossovers. I think I might have to put a set together... 

Scooby.jpg

Whoa! :golfclap:

On 11/22/2023 at 2:00 AM, Cat said:

20231122_015650.thumb.jpg.31bdfd4907444a6bcc095dc304a024c9.jpg

On 11/27/2023 at 11:28 PM, BronzeBruce13 said:

I think we may be running out of non Marvel/DC examples.

Let's include those moving forward :headbang:

IMG_3723.jpg

Beatcha' to it (though with a different cover, to be fair. I like yours way better). 

Ok, this was an odd find. I have a short box of uninspiring looking Marvel UK titles accumulated over the years, but today I found something that I didn't expect (as Marvel and MarvelUK seemed to be separate entities).

Here we have the 2 sister companies? crossing over characters (however lame they are... MotorMouth and KillPower??? ???:sick:)

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding MarvelUK in general? Why is it even a thing and why is it separate, etc?

IMG_3771.jpg

Edited by BronzeBruce13

On 11/30/2023 at 10:39 AM, BronzeBruce13 said:

Ok, this was an odd find. I have a short box of uninspiring looking Marvel UK titles accumulated over the years, but today I found something that I didn't expect (as Marvel and MarvelUK seemed to be separate entities).

Here we have the 2 sister companies? crossing over characters (however lame they are... MotorMouth and KillPower??? ???:sick:)

Does anyone have any knowledge regarding MarvelUK in general? Why is it even a thing and why is it separate, etc?

IMG_3771.jpg

Marvel UK was a semi-independent subsidiary in the 1980s, with a few independent locally-produced series that got popular and transitioned to the main Marvel universe, like Captain Britain and Death's Head.  The 1990s MarvelUK imprint was a way to try to capitalize on the edgy appeal of the art style.  Most of the MarvelUK books started with guest appearances from Marvel characters but not many MarvelUK characters appeared in mainstream books.

Nick Fury, Punisher, and Cable were in Motormouth, X-Men and Excalibur were in Hell's Angel/Dark Angel, Venom and Carnage were in Wild Thing...

On 11/30/2023 at 11:46 AM, wardevil0 said:

Marvel UK was a semi-independent subsidiary in the 1980s, with a few independent locally-produced series that got popular and transitioned to the main Marvel universe, like Captain Britain and Death's Head.  The 1990s MarvelUK imprint was a way to try to capitalize on the edgy appeal of the art style.  Most of the MarvelUK books started with guest appearances from Marvel characters but not many MarvelUK characters appeared in mainstream books.

Nick Fury, Punisher, and Cable were in Motormouth, X-Men and Excalibur were in Hell's Angel/Dark Angel, Venom and Carnage were in Wild Thing...

If I recall correctly, Gary Frank worked on Marvel UK titles before transitioning to the Incredible Hulk after Dale Keown left.

On 11/30/2023 at 5:14 PM, Dave2739 said:

If I recall correctly, Gary Frank worked on Marvel UK titles before transitioning to the Incredible Hulk after Dale Keown left.

Yup. Bryan Hitch and Liam Sharp as well.

Some good early work.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Thanks for the info guys. Yes. I remember seeing mainstream characters in some of their titles, but not in reverse.

So, are there any keys or semi-keys that are worth a buck? I have a bunch of the UK books. I'm not sure they are even in GPA, haven't looked.

On 12/1/2023 at 3:21 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Bryan Hitch and Liam Sharp as well.

Some good early work.

Yeah, Bryan Hitch started on Transformers, of all things. Who'd have thought?