• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Diary Secrets #26
4 4

45 posts in this topic

Usual rules apply -

• 1) All prices include shipping in the US! We will calculate fair shipping to Canada and other parts of the globe!
  • 2) Any item is fully guaranteed, and fully returnable for any reason - NO EXPLANATION NECESSARY!
  • 3) All forms of payment - cash, checks, credit cards, Paypal, barter - will be considered!
  • 4) First "I'll Take It" gets it!
  • 5) Time payments are welcome, but a 20% non-refundable deposit is required to start any layaway!
  • 6) High quality Thread-crapping is encouraged!

I will be listing a single book over the course of this thread so please check in regularly, if for no reason other than to be entertained.

Please enjoy!

On 11/21/2023 at 5:15 PM, Bumble Kitty said:
On 11/21/2023 at 3:56 PM, MrBedrock said:

Usual rules apply -

• 3) All forms of payment - cash, checks, credit cards, Paypal, barter - will be considered!

hm

Do you consider "El Pollo Loco" coupons to be barter?  (:

I am sure you have some comicbooks I would consider.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, MrBedrock said:

The book is now cracked out of the slab and is every bit as lovely as it looks in the scan. At this point it is the single highest graded.

If it's cracked out, doesn't that invalidate the claim, that it's the single highest graded? Because would there not be an argument that others may have a raw copy equally as good if not better?

I'm confused by the claim. I'm all for cracking out books...but can you still claim the grading? I'd like to know if this a thing, where you can crack out and still claim the CGC grade?

(shrug)  

On 11/21/2023 at 7:49 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

If it's cracked out, doesn't that invalidate the claim, that it's the single highest graded? Because would there not be an argument that others may have a raw copy equally as good if not better?

I'm confused by the claim. I'm all for cracking out books...but can you still claim the grading? I'd like to know if this a thing, where you can crack out and still claim the CGC grade?

(shrug)  

The argument could still be made that it was once graded 7.0 and that is the highest grade that CGC has ever given a copy if this issue. I never claimed that a nicer raw copy doesn't or couldn't exist.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 11/22/2023 at 2:45 AM, MrBedrock said:

The argument could still be made that it was once graded 7.0 and that is the highest grade that CGC has ever given a copy if this issue. I never claimed that a nicer raw copy doesn't exist.

I know, I just wanted clarification as what selling protocol is for crack-outs going forward. Using the phrase...'at this point it is the single highest graded' confused me, because it's not is it?

Because the CGC guarantee has effectively been nullified, has it not? Or am I totally wrong on this?

• Administrator
On 11/21/2023 at 9:49 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Because the CGC guarantee has effectively been nullified, has it not? Or am I totally wrong on this?

Seems as this is someone's FS thread, I think it would be appropriate to take this up in another thread.  Everything has been disclosed...  No need to reply.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:08 AM, CGC Mike said:

Seems as this is someone's FS thread, I think it would be appropriate to take this up in another thread.  Everything has been disclosed...  No need to reply.

Fair enough. I'll let it drop Mike. It was mentioned by me after a sale looked like it was agreed, so I wasn't trying to disrupt anything. Just curious about the matter.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:49 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

(shrug)  

uncool

On 11/21/2023 at 4:01 PM, MrBedrock said:

So one book this time around. Someone at the Collector's Summit asked me if I would consider parting with my Diary Secrets 26. I thought about it a bit, then said "Sure!" Well he passed so I figured I would offer it here.

Diary Secrets 26 CGC 7.0 off-white to white. The book is now cracked out of the slab and is every bit as lovely as it looks in the scan. At this point it is the single highest graded. $10,000 firm.

I will include some photos of it raw later this evening.

diarysecrets26.jpg

@Ricksneatstuff

On 11/21/2023 at 8:49 PM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

..'at this point it is the single highest graded' confused me, because it's not is it?

You can parse my words however you like, but the fact remains it is still the copy that CGC gave the highest grade to.

Edited by MrBedrock

On 11/22/2023 at 3:16 AM, MrBedrock said:

You can parse my words however you like, but the fact remains it is still the copy that CGC gave the highest grade to.

Like I said I'll let it drop on guidance from the boss, but I didn't parse your words. It's a direct quote.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:01 PM, MrBedrock said:

At this point it is the single highest graded.

On 11/22/2023 at 2:49 AM, Paul (GG) © ® ™💙 said:

Using the phrase...'at this point it is the single highest graded' confused me,

Anyways thanks for the 'clarification' and GLWTS.