• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why did this forum get relocated?
4 4

71 posts in this topic

Basically to give the ability to post any movie, not just comic related ones.

There was a complaint(?) raised about non-comic movies being discussed in the "comic-related" movie forum.  

I don't know, I preferred it in the other spot so I didn't have to scroll down, but I sort of understand that at least the original intent of that sub-forum was for movies related to the comics, and it had expanded beyond that.  

I think it actually got moved because suddenly there was a lot of non-comic related discussion happening.  At least in certain threads.  

On 11/25/2023 at 10:57 PM, piper said:

??? ???

It became a sensitive point for moderation. Which is odd as most of the threads leading to more disruptive debates were Marvel/MCU and DC/DCEU/DCU threads.

And with movies or shows or game topics like Game of Thrones (including House of the Dragon), John Wick (including The Continental, Ballerina or other spin-offs), Stranger Things (including any pending spin-offs), Godzilla (including Monarch, vs Kong, Minus One), Star Wars (including The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano, Obi-Wan), Lawmen: Bass Reeves, Star Trek (including Strange New Worlds), the moderation plan was to drop these in the Water Cooler as generic topics. Even though these items at some point end up in their own comic books or being influenced by or directly influencing comic books themselves.

So it became an itch CGC needed to deal with. Not sure it was that critical a topic. But this was the best compromise so not to have topics spread across more than one part of the forum.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

It became a sensitive point for moderation. Which is odd as most of the threads leading to more disruptive debates were Marvel/MCU and DC/DCEU/DCU threads.

And with movies or shows or game topics like Game of Thrones (including House of the Dragon), John Wick (including The Continental, Ballerina or other spin-offs), Stranger Things (including any pending spin-offs), Godzilla (including Monarch, vs Kong, Minus One), Star Wars (including The Mandalorian, Ahsoka Tano, Obi-Wan), Lawmen: Bass Reeves, Star Trek (including Strange New Worlds), the moderation plan was to drop these in the Water Cooler as generic topics. Even though these items at some point end up in their own comic books or being influenced by or directly influencing comic books themselves.

So it became an itch CGC needed to deal with. Not sure it was that critical a topic. But this was the best compromise so not to have topics spread across more than one part of the forum.

Is this an example of moderators taking a heavy handed, policy inconsistent action, that affects everyone, and which is not rooted in moderation, to moderate individuals, rather than using moderation tools to moderate them?

On 11/26/2023 at 5:04 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Is this an example of moderators taking a heavy handed, inconsistent action, that affects everyone, and which is not rooted in moderation, to moderate individuals, rather than using moderation tools to moderate them?

Be careful. Or all of a sudden your log-in will require you enter your information repeatedly due to 'forum errors'.

???

On 11/26/2023 at 8:03 AM, alexgross.com said:

so, now i can ask, hows that 'marvels' movie doing? xD

Don't waste 2.5 hours of your time with 'Marvels' movie. For good Brie well written/directed by BJ Novak, try season 1 of 'Lessons in Chemistry.' 8 episodes streamed so far with each episode getting better. Still has some female empowerment so u will feel it may be tangentially MCU.

On 11/26/2023 at 9:53 AM, aardvark88 said:

Don't waste 2.5 hours of your time with 'Marvels' movie. For good Brie well written/directed by BJ Novak, try season 1 of 'Lessons in Chemistry.' 8 episodes streamed so far with each episode getting better. Still has some female empowerment so u will feel it may be tangentially MCU.

Enjoyed it!