• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much this kind of crease affect the grade?
2 2

12 posts in this topic

I have a bundle of Wonder Woman issues who have a sort of crease, maybe fold is a better word, that you can see only when you r looking the book on profile, if you have the book on front you cannot see it. How much is it bad? I think that these advantageous curves correspond pretty well to the kind of books it is:roflmao:

20231203_100723.jpg.26b7617eb39c32d501693bb9f5af715e.jpg

20231203_100746.thumb.jpg.01b4d22693d154480e9d71e02c075321.jpg20231203_100717.thumb.jpg.b2e031aa8f8789f49b15996ba187e482.jpg

On 12/3/2023 at 7:40 PM, Lightning55 said:

If you are referring to spine roll or general waviness, those are pressable defects. 

Yes its right, is it current to get a grade near of 9.4 or more with a book that you have pressed considering the books have no other defects?

On 12/3/2023 at 9:29 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

This is where someone says "you need to post this in the PGM section." 

The book needs to be assessed overall to determine a grade.

I was not especially interested to get a grade i just wanted to know how is it affect the grade for a book generally

On 12/3/2023 at 5:55 PM, crazyhips said:

I think cgc may refer to this as a stacking crease. If so, they don’t tend to deduct much from the grade for them, and, as has already been mentioned, they can be pressed out.  

Yes, stacking crease is more correct than spine roll.  I believe spine roll refers to the rotation of the original spine forward or backward, creating a different spine fold than was originally on the comic.

Although "stacking crease" may also be a misnomer, because the word crease usually means a hard bending or folding, maybe even removing color.  So perhaps a "stacking roll" or "stacking bend".  But crease sounds too dramatic for what we see in these cases.

Edited by Lightning55

NM+ 9.6 - Almost imperceptible indentations are permissible, but no creases, bends, or color break.

NM 9.4 - A 1/16" bend is permitted with no color break, Spine is tight and flat.

NM- 9.2 - Cover is flat with no surface wear.  A 1/16-1/8" bend is permitted with no color break, Spine is tight and flat.

VF/NM 9.0 -  Cover is almost flat with almost imperceptible wear, no creases.

VF 8.0 - Cover is relatively flat with minimal surface wear beginning to show, an unnoticeable 1/4" crease is acceptable if color is not broken, Spine is almost completely flat with a possible minor color break.

FN/VF 7.0 - Minor cover wear beginning to show, possibly including minor creases, The slightest spine roll may be present,

On 12/4/2023 at 10:09 PM, joeypost said:

This is caused by improper storage and will get dinged a grade or two. 

How did you know that? lol

Notice of the seller which i bought from: 

Unfortunately some of them were stored incorrectly and they "folded" in the box

On 12/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, BA773 said:

How did you know that? lol

Notice of the seller which i bought from: 

Unfortunately some of them were stored incorrectly and they "folded" in the box

I have been doing this a long time and have seen pretty much every defect a book can have.