• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Kirby art results
3 3

125 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, KirbyCollector said:

2 Kirby Miracle Man pages on Comic Connect tonight, both results were anemic. Between this, all the new Forever People pages sitting unsold on Burkey's site, and a number of scattered auctions over the past year it looks like the air has really gone out of the Bronze Age Kirby market.

Can you give some examples of realized prices? I can't find them. I would love for Kamandi pages to drop in price. The fact is, Kirby was incredibly prolific, so it's always possible for a lot of his pages to be on the market at a given time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a supply and demand issue...more supply than there is current demand for a specific era/character.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:28 AM, christosgage said:

Can you give some examples of realized prices? I can't find them. I would love for Kamandi pages to drop in price. The fact is, Kirby was incredibly prolific, so it's always possible for a lot of his pages to be on the market at a given time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a supply and demand issue...more supply than there is current demand for a specific era/character.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1019097?tzf=1

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/1019096

On 12/5/2023 at 2:32 AM, Grant Turner said:

Seems like this is particularly Bronze Age DC

bronze age Kirby Marvel stuff (BP, Machine Man, Eternals, etc) still do well from my vantage point

but maybe I’m wrong?

To me the phrase "too expensive for its own good applies"

Edited by MAR1979

On 12/4/2023 at 10:07 PM, KirbyCollector said:

2 Kirby Miracle Man pages on Comic Connect tonight, both results were anemic. Between this, all the new Forever People pages sitting unsold on Burkey's site, and a number of scattered auctions over the past year it looks like the air has really gone out of the Bronze Age Kirby market.

The pages were anemic and the location can be anemic.

And I like Royer inks. These look about spot on.

On 12/5/2023 at 10:28 AM, christosgage said:

A Kamandi page just sold for $3300 on eBay

Seems to me that bronze age Kirby Marvel Art does fine if it has desirable Kirby characteristics, like Krakle, complex machinery, and character action. Some of the DC stuff is hot or miss, but New Gods related stuff seems to do a lot better. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17