• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Favorite Series for Schomburg WWII Covers
1 1

Favorite Series for Schomburg WWII Covers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your favorite comic series for Schomburg WWII Covers?

• Marvel Mystery Comics
    • Captain America Comics
    • Human Torch
    • Sub-Mariner Comics
    • Exciting Comics
    • Something else

8 posts in this topic

What’s your favorite? Please also share a photo of your favorite issue from all series 🙌. An obvious choice, but I’ll go with Cap 1 for my favorite overall cover. Punching Hitler every time is the best!

IMG_1277.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 12/7/2023 at 2:04 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

What’s your favorite? Please also share a photo of your favorite issue from all series 🙌. An obvious choice, but I’ll go with Cap 1 for my favorite overall cover. Punching Hitler every time is the best!

IMG_1277.jpeg

There are several Kirby covers that I like as much as Cap #1 (which always looked a little off because of the "wings" on the right side of his mask being off ...but that's nitpicky)

For Alex Schomburg, it's difficult because there are so many great ones, but MMC #46 with nazi zombies and ghoulish green Hitler cover is just hard to top... :insane:

(edited)_(edited)_MM_46_(SF)(3).jpeg.eb5158ba9adb8bc6018b67fdc8f20737.jpeg

8D5EB500_B8D8_48DF_803B_02C4AE6A0B4C.thumb.jpeg.be779464fab4ab04b1649f5ff0c8f978.jpeg

:cheers:

Edited by Cat-Man_America
Ale added!

On 12/8/2023 at 3:43 PM, LadyDeath said:

Exciting Comics. Black Terror is just too dope. I prefer Schomburg's work in the second half of the 1940s.

Yeah, might be my choice too. Mostly because of Schomburg’s transition from Superhero to GGA in that title. I have always felt that in between era of crime covers a little boring though.

But maybe MM would be a close second.