• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scam on superman 1?

80 posts in this topic

hi all, hi.gif i saw a ebay auction for superman 1 CGC 5.5 893whatthe.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPERMAN-1-Summer-19...1QQcmdZViewItem

its a nice copy! infact i think its the same copy of Esquirecomics

http://www.esquirecomics.com/index.php?page=issue&issue=695

so unless the buyer of esquire is the seller at ebay then stay away from this auction makepoint.gif

that's all folks yay.gif

A few people have alerted me to this auction (thanks!). I cannot read the id # on the copy up on e-bay and my photoshop skills couldn't sufficiently enlarge it.

I contacted the buyer of the book from me. That copy is not for sale.

The CGC census of 11/7/05 only indicates one copy at 5.5. I've PM'd Steve B. to see if another copy has been graded during the last 30 days.

I e-mailed the e-bay seller and he claims it is not the same id # but failed to supply me with the id #. I have e-mailed him/her again.

Frankly, I cannot imagine anyone trying to sell on e-bay a book of that caliber, but ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hey Mark, it has to be a scan of the book you sold. In your scan, take a look at the dot over the "P" in Superman, and the slight indentation in the "E"... present and accounted for in his scan as well.

Can you report the auction to ebay? I'm happy to do so, but figured it would have more clout coming from you...

Hey Mark, it has to be a scan of the book you sold. In your scan, take a look at the dot over the "P" in Superman, and the slight indentation in the "E"... present and accounted for in his scan as well.

Can you report the auction to ebay? I'm happy to do so, but figured it would have more clout coming from you...

I definitely will once CGC gives me confirmation there is no other 5.5 copy.

No surprise but CGC has confirmed to me that there is only one certified unrestored 5.5 of this book. The auction is a scam. I've notified the seller he has until today to pull the auction before I report him and have him kicked.

There's no doubt his unslabbed Superman #3 auction has an image swipe from the 'Scoop' EsquireComics article.

2a_1.JPG

8331_23033_3.jpg

No surprise but CGC has confirmed to me that there is only one certified unrestored 5.5 of this book. The auction is a scam. I've notified the seller he has until today to pull the auction before I report him and have him kicked.

shouldnt he be kicked anyway? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

There's no doubt his unslabbed Superman #3 auction has an image swipe from the 'Scoop' EsquireComics article.

2a_1.JPG

8331_23033_3.jpg

Shoot, I didn't bother to check his other auctions. foreheadslap.gif

I am sorry, that some scammer has found your site and raided it for photos. But you could take it as a complement(I guess). After, that just means you have really, really good books on your site. You know, imitation is the highest form of flattery type of thing.