• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decrease in value for small date stamp in page one of comics?
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Looking to buy a big near mint run of Iron man from 1979-1995 but 95%+ of the issues have a date stamp on page one. I thought it was release date from LCS but I think it is random and not that. Do not know why but wanted to know how much $ this wold knock of pricing for the comics

stamp.jpg

+1 to all of the above, continued on to say that I don't think cgc counts off anything for it, if you need that leg to stand on selling/buying raws. I want to say maybe a little if on the cover and intrusive like a big old inky thick stamp that's smeared lol for a lack of better description haha then cgc might tac it a little for being intrusive.

Seldom, seldom happens, and is why we all stated "none" to answer your question . But it's a good question just in case you weren't aware. :)

That is far from intrusive, it's neat and orderly on the 1st page. No discrepancy involved in grading. ^^

@mckinzie007

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

If you want them all in one lot, paying $2.50 a book isn't terrible.  NM 169s sell for a nice chunk, as does the first Ghost but not many other issues have much of a premium on them.   I wasn't the biggest Iron Man fan and didn't care for it after #220 give or take an issue.  Hopefully, it is a local deal because shipping 200+ books isn't cheap, especially if they are B&BD. 

Best of luck with the deal.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:55 PM, shadroch said:

If you want them all in one lot, paying $2.50 a book isn't terrible.  NM 169s sell for a nice chunk, as does the first Ghost but not many other issues have much of a premium on them.   I wasn't the biggest Iron Man fan and didn't care for it after #220 give or take an issue.  Hopefully, it is a local deal because shipping 200+ books isn't cheap, especially if they are B&BD. 

Issues 128, 150 and 282 also sell for larger premiums.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:55 PM, shadroch said:

Yeah, was watching one on eBay a few months ago but it was listed as NM high grade and went for over 700, so I bailed, stopped bidding at 600

He said I could have issues 200-332 for 225, If I wanted to save money. Still, would rather have all but this is not a bad deal I think

Edited by mckinzie007
add

On 12/13/2023 at 8:29 AM, mckinzie007 said:

Yeah, was watching one on eBay a few months ago but it was listed as NM high grade and went for over 700, so I bailed, stopped bidding at 600

He said I could have issues 200-332 for 225, If I wanted to save money. Still, would rather have all but this is not a bad deal I think

Take the bigger lot. All the best reading is in that lower end. Michelinie’s run is one of the best, most underrated reads of the era.