• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Double cover? I think? maybe ..maybe not??
2 2

10 posts in this topic

OK so i sent in a Double Cover Twilight Zone #1 from Now Comics.   The outer cover is eh.. 9.2.. the inside cover (surprisingly or not) is 9.6+ or so i figured.    I get it back.. its 9.8 (but the outer cover doesnt look 9.8....) heres my problem..

No note that its a double cover book in the grader notes.. ... no note on the Label itself that says "hey this is a double cover" .. SOoooooo   I guess i have to send it back to CGC? to get "Double Cover" put on the label? and or grader notes?  Why would that be something I have to specify for someone to put that in?  Im sure they noticed it was a double cover as again.. the outer cover ISNT 9.8 and has a scuff down the side..

Send it back as a mechanical/label error.

The book's grade should be that of the best cover (and interiors/overall condition). In this case it would appear to be the inner cover.

The label should say Double Cover and list the grade of each cover. At least last I heard.

On 12/15/2023 at 6:26 PM, comxdlr said:

to get "Double Cover" put on the label?

Yes.  You'd need to send it back for that.  It's not indicated in the certification notes?

I recently sent some of my books back to have the labels corrected.  I really didn't want to go through the waiting period all over again, but it is nice to have the books correctly identified.

On 12/15/2023 at 9:31 PM, Yorick said:

Yes.  You'd need to send it back for that.  It's not indicated in the certification notes?

I recently sent some of my books back to have the labels corrected.  I really didn't want to go through the waiting period all over again, but it is nice to have the books correctly identified.

sigh.

I have had this issue with CGC a few times. As other have stated mechanical error and send it back. I would definitely take several high quality scans of it before as the last time I had to send 1 back 3 times and each time it acquired new damage from them removing it from the holder. 

On 12/15/2023 at 8:04 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have had this issue with CGC a few times. As other have stated mechanical error and send it back. I would definitely take several high quality scans of it before as the last time I had to send 1 back 3 times and each time it acquired new damage from them removing it from the holder. 

Four was the max number of times I sent the same two books back - not going into that again. 

And not doing that again.  :frustrated:

On 12/15/2023 at 11:38 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Four was the max number of times I sent the same two books back - not going into that again. 

And not doing that again.  :frustrated:

Yep. The submission I am referring to above was also the last one I sent to them.  I may start back this next year , but really want to wait until they get their chit together. Just seems as though they really do care and aren't going to fix it. 

On 12/15/2023 at 9:26 PM, comxdlr said:

OK so i sent in a Double Cover Twilight Zone #1 from Now Comics.   The outer cover is eh.. 9.2.. the inside cover (surprisingly or not) is 9.6+ or so i figured.    I get it back.. its 9.8 (but the outer cover doesnt look 9.8....) heres my problem..

No note that its a double cover book in the grader notes.. ... no note on the Label itself that says "hey this is a double cover" .. SOoooooo   I guess i have to send it back to CGC? to get "Double Cover" put on the label? and or grader notes?  Why would that be something I have to specify for someone to put that in?  Im sure they noticed it was a double cover as again.. the outer cover ISNT 9.8 and has a scuff down the side..

I have to believe there's still a designation from the grading menu for "Double Cover." They really should have put that in the notes, too. 

With a double cover, the interior cover is usually the nicer one, but the label should read something like this: "1st cover 9.2, interior cover 9.8." Then it would probably make a lot more sense, yes?