• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 1/1/2024 at 8:48 AM, Steven Valdez said:

Where did you get all that BS about people gluing them back into the comic??? You are off your face.... I get that it's probably still New Years Eve wherever you are, but I think you've had enough B|

He linked an auction in which the seller or the person the seller acquired the copy from did just that.  So could you lighten up on the hostility?

Edited by namisgr

On 1/1/2024 at 2:31 AM, Steven Valdez said:

The grade is common for books missing a page or a back cover where the submitter wants a blue label.   

On 1/2/2024 at 2:35 AM, Buzzetta said:

The grade is common for books missing a page or a back cover where the submitter wants a blue label.   

Thanks. I always thought every incomplete book automatically got a green label.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:45 AM, jas1vans said:

Just getting back after five days away.

Any chance someone can sum up the last 110 pages?

Yes. The world is coming to an end vs this will all blow over soon. I suppose both could be true, really.

Edited by Steven Valdez

On 1/1/2024 at 10:41 AM, Steven Valdez said:

No...  Here is a book missing pages.  Here is one with a missing back cover and the front cover detached, and the Daredevil is a remaindered copy. 

image.thumb.png.fb5372916c410a79dd61c61eae0ccbab.png

image.thumb.png.80737627bdbf4ca33843cfd6db63db0b.pngimage.png.2a0bed448c35ff91ec94df542f8060c5.png

On 1/1/2024 at 10:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

No...  Here is a book missing pages.  Here is one with a missing back cover and the front cover detached, and the Daredevil is a remaindered copy. 

image.thumb.png.80737627bdbf4ca33843cfd6db63db0b.pngimage.png.2a0bed448c35ff91ec94df542f8060c5.png

that detective 33 is a beauty. Is that yours? grats on that if so.

On 1/1/2024 at 9:45 AM, jas1vans said:

Just getting back after five days away.

Any chance someone can sum up the last 110 pages?

Sure. Two days later, I'm even more certain that it is one big happy family of crooks.

Keep the PMs coming guys.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:48 AM, Buzzetta said:

OK, thanks again. So does this mean there could be incomplete blue label books out there from the time when CGC stopped doing label notes? If so, there'd be no way of knowing if an internal piece was missing...?

On 1/1/2024 at 10:57 AM, Steven Valdez said:

OK, thanks again. So does this mean there could be incomplete blue label books out there from the time when CGC stopped doing label notes? If so, there'd be no way of knowing if an internal piece was missing...?

When did CGC stop doing label notes on low grade books, especially those missing interior parts?

On 1/1/2024 at 10:50 AM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

that detective 33 is a beauty. Is that yours? grats on that if so.

No. I pulled all of these images from a google search.  I have one book that if I got it graded would get a 1.0 (maybe a 1.5, 2.0 if the graders are high on life that day) or a .5 blue at worst.

It's a Timely Captain America.  Here are the images from Heritage.  Decent front cover but it is missing half the back cover and has that nice stain on the page. 

image.png.4905a370c9b7098735aae3a16f3e6d71.png

image.png.c70e545cbc6f9e5c2c5bd994983524ea.png

On 1/1/2024 at 11:02 AM, namisgr said:

When did CGC stop doing label notes on low grade books, especially those missing interior parts?

I do not believe that they have and was about to ask the same.   @Steven Valdez some books are just 1.0's or .5's because they are low grade books.  That Hulk 181 you showed me is a low grade book.  Even if that page is present, it might still receive the same grade. 

The cases that I showed you with notes demonstrate a book that clearly presents much nicer than the grade but they slap the note on there to explain why. 

On 1/1/2024 at 9:57 AM, sledgehammer said:

Sure. Two days later, I'm even more certain that it is one big happy family of crooks.

Keep the PMs coming guys.

Maybe to be a little more specific;

Any new books? Is there a solid timeline of how long this has been happening? Any solid leads on how this is happening; inside guy, lax policies, loophole in reholdering? Just one person or a group operation?

On 1/1/2024 at 10:06 AM, jas1vans said:

Maybe to be a little more specific;

Any new books? Is there a solid timeline of how long this has been happening? Any solid leads on how this is happening; inside guy, lax policies, loophole in reholdering? Just one person or a group operation?

IMG_0911.gif

On 1/1/2024 at 10:41 AM, Steven Valdez said:

Nope.  I have three blue label 0.5s in my collection.  All are missing either the centerfold or a back cover.

On 1/2/2024 at 3:04 AM, Buzzetta said:

I do not believe that they have and was about to ask the same.   @Steven Valdez some books are just 1.0's or .5's because they are low grade books.  That Hulk 181 you showed me is a low grade book.  Even if that page is present, it might still receive the same grade. 

The cases that I showed you with notes demonstrate a book that clearly presents much nicer than the grade but they slap the note on there to explain why. 

A year or two ago CGC stopped doing label notes, but only briefly because there was a massive backlash against it. But there must be some incomplete low grade books out there that aren't noted as being incomplete.