• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

Finally caught up!  :banana:

So I've got a pretty good stack of Mark Jewelers variants in my personal collection from my time in the army.  Does this look like a good place to offload those?  :insane:

Edited by Gonzimodo
Me no typey good.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:25 AM, pdags said:

I'm from the South...  Everything above Virginia counts.  :bigsmile:

Understood. New Yorkers have a similar problem identifying Flyover country. Some think it starts at 9th Avenue, while others say the Hudson is the dividing line.

Edited by shadroch

On 1/9/2024 at 11:29 AM, pdags said:

What about Midtown or BulletProof?

Are they reputable and/or in a safe area?

Serious answer - if there is a comic store there it is a safe area

"Safe" is relative, for example for Midtown in Times Square I'd say watch for pickpocketers... anyone with any degree of city safety savvy will be hassle-free

Edited by Heronext

On 1/9/2024 at 8:19 AM, pdags said:

Is this place reputable?  Send me a PM.

https://www.comicbookstation.com

was just looking at that company’s facebook store page and it’s amazing photos and saw this one.. sure looks like a familiar background. 

gosh,such a nice book. I hope they aren’t a victim of the sinister swapperino too! 

IMG_2670.png.20999190d88c89c89bbb9569e3465c78.png

On 1/9/2024 at 8:41 AM, pdags said:

What's funny is, I've found myself staying away from all eBay listings with white backgrounds.  :bigsmile:

Funny! I just stay away from the ones with the beige woven cloth background and the ones where two sheets of white paper are taped together

oh! And the ones with straight up cardboard behind the slabs

Edited by agamoto

On 1/9/2024 at 10:03 AM, trademarkcomics said:

Have to wonder if this guy is a danger to society. Not all con men are sociopathic killers, but all sociopathic killers are con men.

I was thinking about this the other day, but in the opposite direction.    With some of these books being high profile/expensive, what if he sold some to the wrong people.   People have disappeared for less.

I don't wish ill on anyone and want justice to be done... but nothing more.

Edited by pdags

On 1/9/2024 at 11:39 AM, agamoto said:

was just looking at that company’s facebook

Has anyone contacted them to let them know comics they own are possibly on CGC's Verification list?

On 1/9/2024 at 8:52 AM, pdags said:

Has anyone contacted them to let them know comics they own are possibly on CGC's Verification list?

Or were at least photographed on a very similar backdrop. 

On 1/9/2024 at 11:53 AM, agamoto said:

Or were at least photographed on a very similar backdrop.

Hopefully it's just a consignment book and is using the customer's photos.  Shrug.

On 1/9/2024 at 11:52 AM, pdags said:

Have they posted books for sale that are on the list?

On 1/9/2024 at 11:31 AM, Heronext said:

Midtown in Times Square I'd say watch for pickpocketers

We stayed near Time Square last time we visited.  Unfortunately I didn't get to visit Midtown.

On 1/9/2024 at 12:00 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Have they posted books for sale that are on the list?

I dunno, first I've seen that photo.  I just assume anything with a certain background should be on the list.  ;-)