• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,028 posts in this topic

On 1/11/2024 at 7:09 AM, mrd160 said:

When I share that picture with a dealer right now he said it doesn’t mean anything he could just be using it to remove stickers. My response was I believe the gun goes to 1000° what the F are you talking about

Well yes, but if you’re doing that you’re a mad man. I’m not talking about Immaculate using it on low end books for educational purposes… using that kind of heat next to a high end comic book is crazy to me to remove a sticker, might not be crazy to all though. 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:11 AM, wiparker824 said:

Well yes, but if you’re doing that you’re a mad man. I’m not talking about Immaculate using it on low end books for educational purposes… using that kind of heat next to a high end comic book is crazy to me to remove a sticker, might not be crazy to all though. 

Immaculate comics just did a video today saying there is no other use for a heat gun on comics. Check it out 

On 1/11/2024 at 9:09 AM, mrd160 said:

When I share that picture with a dealer I know, he said it doesn’t mean anything he could just be using it to remove stickers. My response was I believe the gun goes to 1000° what the F are you talking about

No suprise considering their ilk.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:13 AM, mrd160 said:

Immaculate comics just did a video today saying there is no other use for a heat gun on comics. Check it out 

And as we all know, people can only have one hobby.  🙄

On 1/11/2024 at 2:43 PM, wiparker824 said:

IMG_2348.thumb.jpeg.2f65738165be53c573d0417cafa2ff98.jpeg

another photo from that shop’s IG that should make the heat gun theorists go wild… note the heat gun casually sitting next to all of these mega SA keys in the background.  :tonofbricks:

Crime Suspenstories slab also in the picture :D

Edited by godzilla43

On 1/11/2024 at 9:09 AM, mrd160 said:

When I share that picture with a dealer I know, he said it doesn’t mean anything he could just be using it to remove stickers. My response was I believe the gun goes to 1000° what the F are you talking about

Even if lifting stickers is what heat gun is being used for, we now know it can also be used to easily open holders.. so it definitely means SOMETHING. 

On 1/11/2024 at 8:57 AM, comicjel said:

Yeah, if you scroll thru their accounts you will see a lot of interesting equipment. Should be noted they run a separate pressing company and often post grade bump before and afters and I don’t recall seeing any going from blue to purple with trimming, some going the other way though… but just to be clear for all the lawyers who may be in here I’m not accusing this shop of anything just posting neat things I find on IG. (: 

On 1/11/2024 at 11:13 AM, MatterEaterLad said:

If the fraudster(s) are at this comic shop, it's ironic that they post photos on their IG of shoplifters. 

I think there is a saying - something like...

Thief's are afraid of being robbed

On 1/11/2024 at 11:04 AM, BrashL said:

For all the folks who keep referring to the "scammer" (singular) as if he's some criminal genius, please stop.

The dude took CGC slabs, swapped out for lesser, sometimes incomplete books, then sent them back to CGC themselves, in their own tampered cases and got their approval with a new holder and new label.

The guy was clearly a genius.