• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #252 CGC 9.8 Record Sale - something fishy going on? - Holder Tampering Incident confirmed by CGC
50 50

9,030 posts in this topic

On 2/4/2024 at 11:52 AM, mrd160 said:

This part I saw today is really bad imo

5BAF2C59-B3FC-463A-A6D8-1ACB73535296.jpeg

I have started to wonder if the scammers might have been swapping out inferior books on more than just reholdered books, and may have only used the reholder process when the case did not look clean when they were done with the swap out.

CGC alleges the Defendants recently became aware that their "fraudulent scheme was unraveling" so Zanello called CGC to "attempt to recover...three comic books that Defendants had recently submitted to CGC for reholdering." There are four calls; they're all recorded.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:21 PM, mrd160 said:

Is there a link to the whole lawsuit?

The entire court filing seems to be behind a pay wall... a govt website for such things called PACER.  If there's an attorney that has access and can post, that would be very appreciated.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:34 PM, ramithard said:

Great detective work....I'm assuming Bree is girl on left?

Yeah, and I think that’s the Comic Book Station owner taking the selfie. 

On 2/4/2024 at 11:34 AM, ramithard said:

Great detective work....I'm assuming Bree is girl on left?

No positive ID on her.

But Bill is going to figure out how he found an image on some site that identifies them both on facebook, any minute now.

On 2/4/2024 at 12:33 PM, topcat54 said:

Paul Lesko

He posted the lawsuit on his Twitter page I think it is close to all of it

The filing is 27 pages in total (comes up when you try to access on PACER).  Don't think he's covered all of it but maybe the most important parts.