• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will CGC pulp grading start?
4 4

44 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2023 at 12:51 AM, supreme-comics said:

I saw a video by the CGC president last month where he said CGC was planning to open pulp grading in December. Does anyone know if that is still the plan?

Thank you

I think they're just waiting on the outer holders...  

Those shudder pulps should be challenging ... the overhang on those can be extreme. GOD BLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

I’ll think about submitting a few low figure pulps first. I want to see how the cases look in person. I’m not totally sold on how the overhang is going to work in a slab and storage being done like a comic. So no August 1928 Amazing Stories or key Brundage covers to start.hm

On 2/6/2024 at 6:06 PM, N e r V said:

I’ll think about submitting a few low figure pulps first. I want to see how the cases look in person. I’m not totally sold on how the overhang is going to work in a slab and storage being done like a comic. So no August 1928 Amazing Stories or key Brundage covers to start.hm

Yah I just boxed up 4 books to ship out, see how the process goes.  I put them all in the lower price tier, but wish they were more clear on how value is determined. 

On 2/7/2024 at 1:29 PM, MB1952 said:

any chance 50's Digest get graded? 

They already grade digests, but they put the well into the giant magazine holders, which look pretty ridiculous. There's been a few posts about them in various threads in the pulp section, with consensus that they do, indeed look ridiculous in such a giant slab.