• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider Man #38
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Hello all,

tanning and the pen mark on FC are the most noticeable issues. Spine tics, staple stress and color breaking crease by “spills” on FC. Inside is looking good.

wondering how the pen will effect grade and if it could possibly come off by a professional presser. 

thanks to all in advance and happy holidays 

IMG_9314.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

IMG_9316.jpeg

IMG_9317.jpeg

IMG_9318.jpeg

IMG_9319.jpeg

IMG_9320.jpeg

IMG_9321.jpeg

IMG_9322.jpeg

IMG_9323.jpeg

IMG_9324.jpeg

IMG_9325.jpeg

IMG_9326.jpeg

IMG_9327.jpeg

Probably about a 6.0 and may bump a grade if pressed.

Grading your book I ignored the pen markings. It's not going to make a difference in it's condition and only would in VF or better.

Thanks for posting. Last Ditko.

On 12/23/2023 at 12:11 AM, grendelbo said:

It's not going to make a difference in its condition and only would in VF or better.

Thanks for posting. Last Ditko.

Thank you. It was purchased at a 6.0 so the seller was spot on with his grading. Which is a good thing however because I’ve been having issues finding trusted sellers. 

this is also the second cameo of MJW 

On 12/22/2023 at 10:31 PM, Bmattioli86 said:

Thank you. It was purchased at a 6.0 so the seller was spot on with his grading. Which is a good thing however because I’ve been having issues finding trusted sellers. 

this is also the second cameo of MJW 

It's a great book except for it's cover which was taken from interior artwork. I've had mine since I was a kid.

Spoiler

AmazingSpider-Man38.thumb.jpg.1bd11401989d4ce48f5363839900d958.jpg

On 12/23/2023 at 12:37 AM, grendelbo said:

It's a great book except for it's cover which was taken from interior artwork. I've had mine since I was a kid.

Reveal hidden contents

AmazingSpider-Man38.thumb.jpg.1bd11401989d4ce48f5363839900d958.jpg

Funny… this cover is actually one of my favorites from early ASM. Not sure why. Neat that you still have your book from childhood