• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should Return Policy Disclose Responsibility of Return Shipping on Damage?
6 6

118 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2024 at 12:51 PM, CGC Mike said:

Yeah, I am going to wait and see what happens.  Thanks everyone for bringing this to my attention.

What happens next?  He is advertising his sale on eBay here.  It seems that his issues here are not isolated to here.  Consider his three most recent feedbacks. 

Is it threadcrapping to warn our members to check out his feedback and just that? 

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.57.57 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.58.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.58.18 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Side note... @Dr. Balls 

See?  It wasn't you.  This is just the way he is.  Having bought from you before I know how you pack and ship books and anything else.  I believe I do the same.  So I know how mind numbing it is to see when someone goes the complete opposite direction.  I remember someone once throwing a vintage MOC Star Wars figure in a bubble mailer and being annoyed that I wanted a refund after (at the time) a thirty year bubble on a card splintered in transit. 

Good lord, I cannot believe that this guy still thinks the way he packs is acceptable after all the feedback he's getting. 

Needs more:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs8wojdGd_lH_7ZLH0I

and

rising-cost-of-prescripton-drugs.jpg?s=6

On 7/30/2024 at 5:08 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Good lord, I cannot believe that this guy still thinks the way he packs is acceptable after all the feedback he's getting. 

Needs more:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTs8wojdGd_lH_7ZLH0I

and

rising-cost-of-prescripton-drugs.jpg?s=6

The second more than the first might take care of the first in of itself.  Just saying. 

I will get one package in a manilla envelope or similar, without cardboard, exactly one time, and NO more business with that person. I will not discuss or plead, just pull the plug. Same goes for shipping without a bag and board, no vamos amigo. Even if they list an Action 1 for 50 bucks. If it's too much trouble to do it right, I'm done. Period. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

On 7/30/2024 at 5:32 PM, jimjum12 said:

I will get one package in a manilla envelope or similar, without cardboard, exactly one time, and NO more business with that person. I will not discuss or plead, just pull the plug. Same goes for shipping without a bag and board, no vamos amigo. Even if they list an Action 1 for 50 bucks. If it's too much trouble to do it right, I'm done. Period. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

The first time I ever had something pressed was after I received a copy of Batman 47 that I won on auction from a guy "who found some comics stashed in his grandfather's attic."

Sure... why not... took a chance for a few hundred dollars. 

The seller shipped it loose in a shirt box. 

It did not come as advertised so I contacted the seller.  He gave me a sizable refund.  Thankfully Joey was able to press it and it came back a 6.0.  Some people honestly do not know what they are doing as they are not collectors and are simply cleaning things out.  The book pressed to a 6.0 but I cannot help but wonder if it could have been a 6.5 or a 7.0. 

image.png.b16f8e833df148a58946c08a4e8b3a56.png

• Administrator
On 7/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

What happens next?  He is advertising his sale on eBay here.  It seems that his issues here are not isolated to here.  Consider his three most recent feedbacks. 

Is it threadcrapping to warn our members to check out his feedback and just that? 

Here is the wording regarding what buyers can do in a FS thread.

Buyers may not post in a way that hurts a sellers chance of a sale, or discredits their reputation.  A few examples would be saying this book is priced too high, or a cheaper copy can be found at xxxxx.  Another example would be, I don't like this person, and would never buy from him/her.   There may be a few exceptions for known scammers.    We can tell the difference between a joke and a rude or unnecessary comment.    A decision either way will be at the discretion of the moderator.  Violation of this rule will result in points added to your account, and possibly restricting your ability to post on the forum.  

If a buyer or seller is on the Probation or Hall of Shame list, it is ok to make 1 post only to alert the community.  Being on said list does not mean a seller is restricted from listing books for sale or a buyer is restricted from purchasing  but, we understand the need to make people aware of the situation. 

On 7/30/2024 at 7:48 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is the wording regarding what buyers can do in a FS thread.

Buyers may not post in a way that hurts a sellers chance of a sale, or discredits their reputation.  A few examples would be saying this book is priced too high, or a cheaper copy can be found at xxxxx.  Another example would be, I don't like this person, and would never buy from him/her.   There may be a few exceptions for known scammers.    We can tell the difference between a joke and a rude or unnecessary comment.    A decision either way will be at the discretion of the moderator.  Violation of this rule will result in points added to your account, and possibly restricting your ability to post on the forum.  

If a buyer or seller is on the Probation or Hall of Shame list, it is ok to make 1 post only to alert the community.  Being on said list does not mean a seller is restricted from listing books for sale or a buyer is restricted from purchasing  but, we understand the need to make people aware of the situation. 

Sooo no.   No problem. 

On 7/30/2024 at 5:39 PM, Buzzetta said:

The first time I ever had something pressed was after I received a copy of Batman 47 that I won on auction from a guy "who found some comics stashed in his grandfather's attic."

Sure... why not... took a chance for a few hundred dollars. 

The seller shipped it loose in a shirt box. 

It did not come as advertised so I contacted the seller.  He gave me a sizable refund.  Thankfully Joey was able to press it and it came back a 6.0.  Some people honestly do not know what they are doing as they are not collectors and are simply cleaning things out.  The book pressed to a 6.0 but I cannot help but wonder if it could have been a 6.5 or a 7.0. 

image.png.b16f8e833df148a58946c08a4e8b3a56.png

You haven't lived until you've received a comic shipped in a cereal box.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:01 PM, Ryan. said:

On 7/30/2024 at 8:27 PM, Buzzetta said:

lol I had a “mint on card” toy delivered that way. 

I was gonna say... don't blame the frosted flakes box. So long as the proper packing material is incorporated, recycle those cereal boxes!

On 7/30/2024 at 4:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.57.57 PM.png

Did he actually post in his reply he offered to sell it off ebay? Good lord. 

On 8/4/2024 at 12:04 PM, Randall Dowling said:

Sealed with duct tape and sliding around loose inside, without a bag or board.

No, that's never happened to me.  Why do you ask?

You got duct tape? Lucky.

On 7/30/2024 at 8:01 PM, Ryan. said:

Or a diaper box complete with used diaper.

On 8/5/2024 at 6:46 AM, GACollectibles said:

Or a diaper box complete with used diaper.

Sorry about that...

On 8/5/2024 at 6:48 AM, GACollectibles said:

I'm not sure I am ready to accept your apology, it depends...

:cool: