• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should Return Policy Disclose Responsibility of Return Shipping on Damage?
6 6

86 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2024 at 4:34 AM, Patriot6 said:

I was going to buy some of those, but no Canadian shipping was offered.  The one time it worked in my favour !

Not in mine …. Bought a couple books, wish I hadn’t for similar reasons but I just took it on the chin. 

Edited by ThothAmon

Sorry this happened.  Nothing to add over what's already been said. 

The seller is honestly fortunate.  $5 (or $80 depending on how you look at it) is a pretty cheap lesson in this hobby. 

Edited by KCOComics

On 1/5/2024 at 9:44 AM, Point Five said:

Clearly the seller neglected to write Rigid Envelope on the package.  :whistle: 

I figured since he didn't write DO NOT BEND, the post office took their liberties to play a round of Folf with it.

Even with cardboard reinforcement, I tend to write ‘fragile’ and ‘do not bend’ on the outside of the package. On expensive books I also like to send during packing pictures to the buyer just for peace of mind, that may be a little more than necessary, however, reputation here is of the utmost importance. I just don’t get fire-selling your rep for a measly $5…but then again, a good reputation is priceless, so I wouldn’t put a price on it regardless. Thanks for sharing this unfortunate experience. 

On 1/5/2024 at 6:36 PM, writerwill said:

Y’all need to get a life. Seriously.

The comic came back in the same condition I sent it in. 

Again - get a life. Leave me alone. 

Quoted for prosperity. Wondering how the next sales thread will go... :shiftyeyes:

Threads like these can have value if they lead to a rule change but I'm not a fan of these pile on situations where it's everyone against one inexperienced member. Writerwill has a lesson to learn, as others of good standing in this thread have said they had to learn. His response shows that he hasn't learned it yet, but it doesn't mean he's some generally awful person worthy of hounding. He'll learn soon enough that comics need protection. I would leave him alone now, as he has asked, and focus on whether a rule change is needed. 

• Administrator
On 1/6/2024 at 7:35 AM, writerwill said:

MODERATORS, I HAVE REQUESTED YOU TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT AND DATA.

I can do this.  I will ask one time, are you sure?  Once I do, it cannot be undone.