• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Forum Secret Santa Gift Exchange (updated rules, and masterlist)

181 posts in this topic

Ok, I made my list, and checked it twice.

To no surprise you all have been naughty, not a one of you nice.

But what the hay, we will still send each other presents anyway! yay.gif

So far we have 37 signed up (we need an even number?). if you do not see your name, or want in, please raise your hand.

In no order

A few amendments to my earlier rules for this shindig.

1- As my wife so graciously pointed out a flaw in how I would draw the names. So I will now draw ONE name from the hat with all our names on pieces of paper, then assign them their person from the master list, first name on the list being assigned first..and so on till all the names in the hat are gone, and the list is all checked off.If I draw your name and you are next on the list..you will go back in the hat and a new name will be drawn.

2- Concerns about what to give?....give whatever ya want but many of you included a list of things they like/want. I will include that info(if any) when I assign you your person. Cater your gift to their wants,. or give what you think best. Up to you. It is a gift, from you to them.

3- Concerns about mailing your gift in time,or it not making it to your person it in time to open by Christmas?

Well, I suppose I did make this with Christmas/ Dec. 25th in mind. Does anyone who signed up really celebrate on a different day?Or Holiday altogether? I think if you know your gift will not be there in time for whatever reason, just send your person a PM on Christmas day saying you were there Santa..and their gift will be there on XXX day.

4- I also forgot to let everyone know.. I am a big stickler for opening gifts ON Christmas day.....NOT before sumo.gif(midnight on the 24th is ok)

While I cannot enforce this rule.. I can only hope you will all honor my request.

Because I WILL know if you open them early. Santa gave lent me certain powers when I took on this assignment.

5- And lastly...You MUST wrap the present in some type of Holiday paper..or Sunday funnies..something.

Dont just stick a comic in a freaking box and say here.

More to come Sunday

H A P P Y

H O L I D A Y

Zanta-

Ok, I made my list, and checked it twice.

To my surprise you all have been naughty, not a one of you nice.

But what the hay, we will still send each other presents anyway! yay.gif

So far we have 29 signed up (we need an even number). if you do not see your name, and want in, please raise your hand.

Uh, Kenny, you do not need an even number to play this game unless both secret Santas in each group of two are buying for each other (which I didn't think was the case because then there'd be nothing "secret" about it). screwy.gif

I'm in

1- As my wife so graciously pointed out a flaw in how I would draw the names. So I will now draw ONE name from the hat with all our names on pieces of paper, then assign them their person from the master list, first name on the list being assigned first..and so on till all the names in the hat are gone, and the list is all checked off.If I draw your name and you are next on the list..you will go back in the hat and a new name will be drawn.

Even easier -- make a list on a sheet of paper numbered 1-29. Put all names in a hat and draw them out one at a time, writing each down in order. When you've drawn all 29 names, just have each person buy for the person underneath them on the list. Person #29 buys for person #1. Simple.

Even easier -- make a list on a sheet of paper numbered 1-29. Put all names in a hat and draw them out one at a time, writing each down in order. When you've drawn all 29 names, just have each person buy for the person underneath them on the list. Person #29 buys for person #1. Simple.

I don't know if I'm in on this just yet, but the above is a pretty good idea. Then you don't even have to be sure to have an even number.

$35 is almost a bit steep for a cat like me. So if I were to join in, my person wouldn't be receiving a very expensive gift. Although, I wouldn't expect an expensive one in return, of course. Besides, I'm a modern/bronze age key fan, so a single book on my list wouldn't break someone's bank. 27_laughing.gif

Should we set a maximum $ as well?

Naw, If somebody wants to give the OA to AF15, or a complete run of Avengers as a present, well...who am I to stop them? Not about the money though, it's a gift. Those that can give more, probably will. Or not.

It's all good.

Ze-