• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KING CLUB
3 3

313 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2024 at 9:53 PM, OtherEric said:

Hooray for Wally Wood!

Yes.

I thought I had posted this yesterday, but it doesn't seem to be here, so trying again:

Does anybody have a complete checklist of the King comics?  Referring here specifically to the books with the King with Crown corner box logo.  I know there are 70 issues from the 60's, not including variants, and then at least 35 giveaways from the 70's: Comics Reading Library, Popeye's Careers, and Comics Teach.

On 7/24/2024 at 9:47 AM, OtherEric said:

a complete checklist of the King comics

We ought to have one back on the first page.  :sumo:

Shouldn't be too hard a task....

And a couple others.  I may be wrong, but I think this is the only Hagar comic book ever published in the US, as well as Hagar's first appearance in American comics?  The Comics Reading Library has several noteworthy appearances like that throughout its run.  Down to two issues each to go on both Beetle Bailey and the Comics Reading Library:

CRL 09.jpg

Beetle Bailey 59.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

On 7/31/2024 at 5:39 AM, OtherEric said:

And a couple others.  I may be wrong, but I think this is the only Hagar comic book ever published in the US, as well as Hagar's first appearance in American comics? 

I think you might be right there, Eric, as I remember reading that somewhere. I used to read Hagar as a kid in the newspaper.

On 7/31/2024 at 5:39 AM, OtherEric said:

The Comics Reading Library has several noteworthy appearances like that throughout its run.  Down to two issues each to go on both Beetle Bailey and the Comics Reading Library:

CRL 09.jpg

On 7/31/2024 at 5:40 AM, OtherEric said:

And the highlight of today's books, 5 issues of The Phantom.  One issue left to go for the King run, I'm still looking for 26:

It's comparatively hard to come by I've found, Eric, in pence or cents. It must be the six fingers...

ThePhantom26(October1967)10d.thumb.jpg.cdf26c3255f7385ee55a8e0e5c9bcbc3.jpg

On 7/30/2024 at 11:08 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Here's the other side

FLASH!  AAhh-Ha!!

flash-gordon-jump.gif

On 7/31/2024 at 4:33 PM, Yorick said:

FLASH!  AAhh-Ha!!

flash-gordon-jump.gif

KING OF THE BONERS ARK!

Oh, sorry. Impossible. It's King of the impossible, isn't it.