• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KING CLUB
3 3

216 posts in this topic

:news: From the Smithsonian, prairie voles like to drink :cheers:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/what-can-rodents-tell-us-about-why-humans-love-180949441/

The prairie vole first caught science’s eye in the 1970s, when the mammalogist Lowell Getz launched a routine population study in the alfalfa fields and bluegrass pastures close to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he taught at the time. To take the edge off the subzero temperatures at night, he and other researchers sometimes kept Jack Daniel’s in the study shed along with the data sheets and other materials. The alcohol was for the researchers’ own consumption; taste tests since have shown that prairie voles like liquor, and diluted whiskey may in fact have been good vole bait.

On 2/21/2024 at 11:26 AM, frozentundraguy said:

:news: From the Smithsonian, prairie voles like to drink :cheers:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/what-can-rodents-tell-us-about-why-humans-love-180949441/

The prairie vole first caught science’s eye in the 1970s, when the mammalogist Lowell Getz launched a routine population study in the alfalfa fields and bluegrass pastures close to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, where he taught at the time. To take the edge off the subzero temperatures at night, he and other researchers sometimes kept Jack Daniel’s in the study shed along with the data sheets and other materials. The alcohol was for the researchers’ own consumption; taste tests since have shown that prairie voles like liquor, and diluted whiskey may in fact have been good vole bait.

:ohnoez:

welcome-to-the-party.gif.8f1bb12a4728ee937a809385ab60b37c.gif

On 2/29/2024 at 6:08 PM, OtherEric said:

Flash Gordon 11.jpg

Is that a little printer ink on the bottom open "price" panel, or just a stray pen mark?  Maybe that's some artifact of the price variant we've been searching for.

On 3/1/2024 at 10:58 AM, Yorick said:

Is that a little printer ink on the bottom open "price" panel, or just a stray pen mark?  Maybe that's some artifact of the price variant we've been searching for.

Sadly, it's nothing more than a sign I need to clean my scanner glass.  Sorry for the false hope!

On 3/16/2024 at 11:09 AM, Yorick said:

00191652392496110345910003.thumb.jpg.97644a2af57cf57e188be15ae668e8cb.jpg

Nice!

I wonder if any other pedigrees have King Club eligible books.

More importantly, I wonder if I can get a Pedigree Label with no documentation other than "MCS said it was a Fantucchio when I bought it."

On 3/16/2024 at 11:13 AM, OtherEric said:

Nice!

I wonder if any other pedigrees have King Club eligible books.

More importantly, I wonder if I can get a Pedigree Label with no documentation other than "MCS said it was a Fantucchio when I bought it."

The Flash books did not come with any certificates.  The only ID is on the case, and I can't see any other way to they'd be able to ID them (except provenance).

Do file copies count as "pedigree"?

On 3/16/2024 at 11:17 AM, Yorick said:

The Flash books did not come with any certificates.  The only ID is on the case, and I can't see any other way to they'd be able to ID them (except provenance).

Do file copies count as "pedigree"?

I don't think File Copies generally count as pedigree, although there are exceptions, Gaines most obviously, but I would count Crowley as well