• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn's True First Appearance

7 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2024 at 9:52 AM, Lobstrosity said:

Some of you may remember I first published my article about Spawn's First True Appearance a couple years back.
Today, I've just published a gargantuan update, with 215+ scans and photos, and even a checklist of every Spawn appearance before Spawn #1 was released.

The only way to do the research thoroughly is to go through all of the comics industry publications from 1991-1992 page by page looking for any reference to Spawn...so that's exactly what I've done!

In doing so, I've created an in-depth timeline so that you can follow along day-by-day as Spawn was revealed to the public. I've even created a (free!) checklist so collectors can keep track of which ones they have.

Hope everyone interested enjoys the read, and of course, if anyone has any additional info, please be in touch!

The article and checklist can be found on SpawnWorld.com as the top news item.

I'd argue that none of these are "appearances" in the traditional sense of the word as used in comics collecting, but appreciate all the work.

Any chance you're the same Lobstrosity that plays on Conquer Club?

On 1/12/2024 at 3:30 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'd argue that none of these are "appearances" in the traditional sense of the word as used in comics collecting, but appreciate all the work.

Any chance you're the same Lobstrosity that plays on Conquer Club?

Yes, one and the same